1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
whoa Wiseoracle from the MaxPC forum?

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
i could be wrong but it really looks like this film will TANK!!!!the hulk looks foolish at best..of course these are just my opinions...i do have high hopes for x-men 2 though.

brickie

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jules343
whoa Wiseoracle from the MaxPC forum?

indeed it is I, from MaxPC forums. I thought I remember seeing you post earlier and thinking it was you too? nick silentbob from maxpc?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by brickie
i could be wrong but it really looks like this film will TANK!!!!the hulk looks foolish at best..of course these are just my opinions...i do have high hopes for x-men 2 though.

brickie
Yeah, the CGI looks kinda eh, but I think the movie should be good for the action. X-2 should definitely rock! Introducing more characters, Colosus, Iceman, Pyro, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, etc.. You see the new trailer for X-2. Definitely looks sweet! Plus since the original director from the first should make this movie great.

·
Registered
897 Posts
The CGI really doesn't draw you in. It's kind of jarringly false. I can't see how this can work at all.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Yeah, the CGI doesn't look great, but it didn't look very good in Spiderman either and we all know how successful that was. With Ang Lee (sp?)directing, I still think this could be a winner.

·
Registered
15,497 Posts
Well, it is ILM we're talking about, and not WETA & PIXAR. While not 100% perfect, Gollum was a lot more stunning CGI than what ILM has put out yet.

Dan

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
One need only watch A.I. or JURASSIC PARK to se that ILM is capable of delivering life life CGI. It's hit & miss with all the companies.

·
Registered
15,497 Posts
It's much easier to create a CGI monster no one has seen before than it is to duplicate or simulate real human movement and flesh over muscle and bone.

Dan

·
Registered
977 Posts
Once again I am curious as to why some type of compromise could not have been reached with the special effects, similar to the way the characters were shot/resized in The Lord of the Rings.

The Hulk is not an animated character anymore than say the creature from Frankenstein. It is essential that the Hulk look real...period. Given how strong the imagery is in films like LOTR and X-Men, I feel extremely frustrated that the film makers of The Hulk may have completely failed to deliver the real deal.

I know we are jumping the gun here a bit, but based on the new footage I'm having a hard time believing this film is going to work the way it should. I guess we'll see.

Howie

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Man, this thread is off the path of others I have read.

I, personally, am amazed at the CGI and think the movie will be huge.

The most cynical geeks, Superherohype and Aintitcoolnews forums have been praising the trailer.

I think creating a 15foot green human is a little more difficult than Gollum.

Don't get me wrong, Gollum looked great, the Hulk easily is more impressive.

Doug

·
Registered
609 Posts
good thing he has such stretchy pants on.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
The Hulk looks like a nut filled turd...to put it nicely.:D He looks like a fat green stay puff from Ghostbusters. They should have used a real actor like someone from the World's strongest man or The Rock and then added CGI special effects.

Haven't seen the new trailer but saw the old one at the theater and people were laughing. I don't think is is going to do very well....as an action movie anyways. :p

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cpurvis
good thing he has such stretchy pants on.
I guess they had to SOMEHOW cover the parts! :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
The trailers for the Hulk haven't impressed me, from a CGI standpoint, the way the CGI in Jurassic Park impressed me. Granted, as has been stated, it is harder to do CGI of something we are familiar with, such as the movement or appearance of a human form vs a dinosaur (just look at the animatrix short that showed before Dreamcatcher; the close ups were fantastic, but some of the movements seemed stiff or fake). The problem is, when the centerpiece/main character of your film is all CGI, it had better look darn good, and, at least my own opinion, is that the CGI for the Hulk hasn't given me that impression yet..

Of course it's way better than the alternative of covering Lou Ferrigno in green paint and slapping a green wig and contacts on him.

Having said all that, as long as I don't see any shots of a grey colored Hulk in a suit and hat and being called Mr. Fixit, I'll probably go see it. . . :)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wiseoracle
nick silentbob from maxpc?
the one and only

·
Registered
670 Posts
Quote:
Well, it is ILM we're talking about, and not WETA & PIXAR. While not 100% perfect, Gollum was a lot more stunning CGI than what ILM has put out yet.
That is the silliest bunch of BS I've ever read. ILM was doing groundbreaking effects work nearly two decades before anyone knew who WETA was. ILM's resume trounces WETA's. 25 Oscars to what, 2 for WETA. The dinosaurs in Jurassic Park and the CGI ape in Mighty Joe Young was a lot more impressive than Gollum. But WETA did do some great work on Gollum.

As for the Hulk, creating a convincing 12 foot tall monster that has green skin, and has to exist in a real world environment, is one hell of a lot more difficult than creating a 4 foot tall character that only has to exist in a fantasy world. And I hate to let you in on this secret, nobody has ever seen a Gollum either.

Quote:
Man, this thread is off the path of others I have read.

I, personally, am amazed at the CGI and think the movie will be huge.

The most cynical geeks, Superherohype and Aintitcoolnews forums have been praising the trailer.

I think creating a 15foot green human is a little more difficult than Gollum.

Don't get me wrong, Gollum looked great, the Hulk easily is more impressive.
Thank you. Finally, someone with some logic.

http://www.hulkmovie.com/vb/attachment.php?postid=12504
http://www.hulkmovie.com/vb/attachment.php?postid=12617
http://www.hulkmovie.com/vb/attachment.php?postid=12528

Looks pretty damn impressive to me, especially considering it's unfinished work.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Terrell
(snip)

As for the Hulk, creating a convincing 12 foot tall monster that has green skin, and has to exist in a real world environment, is one hell of a lot more difficult than creating a 4 foot tall character that only has to exist in a fantasy world. And I hate to let you in on this secret, nobody has ever seen a Gollum either.

(snip
I'm not here to take away anything from ILM because they've done great work in the past (though for the last two years, WETA Digital creamed them for the Oscars).

I do like the new The Hulk international trailer. It looks far more impressive than the teaser and the trailer. But I do find fault in your logic.

Gollum is a fantasy creature existing only in a fantasy world that is based on the real world. He has a history and shares similar physiology as the hobbits. And as you know in the LOTR films so far, the hobbits are played by humans. His interaction with the hobbits is simply astounding. His eyes have life-like expressions. Gollum to me is the best animated facial animation of humanoidal expressions so far. So to diminish Gollum just as a character in a fantasy world is a big discredit to the folks at Weta Digital.

fuad

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.