AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK--I have searched, but I can't find a step-by-step method for how to approach the corners when wrapping your own fabric panels. My panels have beveled edges, and are approx 30"x30"--a few are closer to 20"x40". They are going on the screenwall around the screen, and I will be wrapping them with GOM FR701.

My question is whether those who have successfully wrapped panels wrapped the sides first, and then folded and trimmed for corners, or did you stretch and staple each corner, and then stretch, fold and trim for the sides?

I found this tutorial for wrapping speaker fabric onto speaker grills, and it suggests doing the corners first. The GOM is likely not as stretchy as true speaker cloth.
http://www.humanspeakers.com/howto/grill-cloth.htm

Obviously there is no substitute for trial and error, but I am hoping to limit the "error" part by learning what did and didn't work for others.

Thx

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow--that is exactly what I needed. Thx

Never crossed my mind to search anywhere but AVSforum

Again, this is very helpful and eases my anxiety about doing this myself. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I wrapped something like 64 panels. Basically, I followed the same instructions that were posted, but I didn't always do them the same way. What I did do consistently was to staple each side first and then go back and do the corners. Once the panels were hung you can't see any differences between the way the corners were done.

Best of luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts