AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched this today with the family in 2D. Didn't play a lot of video games in my youth but was still able to recognize the 8-bit video characters and references. Modern games were also referenced and having seen my kids play some of those games I didn't feel out of place. Thoroughly enjoyable for the whole family, great visuals and a decent plot that'll keep adults engaged throughout the movie.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Kids saw it twice, I saw it once this weekend. I have to say I really enjoyed this more then I thought I would. Story, voices and the animation all top notch.

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
I'm guessing Ralph is a "fictional" videogame character? If so, there WILL be an actual game if this movie is a smash hit...

·
Registered
4,635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy  /t/1437349/wreck-it-ralph#post_22559971

I'm guessing Ralph is a "fictional" videogame character? If so, there WILL be an actual game if this movie is a smash hit...

It based on Rampage which featured classic monsters (including one representing King Kong, and another one named Ralph) destroying buildings by climbing them and beating on them until they collapsed. The monsters gained health by smashing windows and eating the food found within. Also Donkey Kong Jr . Games it's based on

But I think there will be a game base on it. Why not? Tthe holidays are coming up and its seems be doing well

I used to love playing Rampage

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Saw it today; good 3-D, though it would be fine without it. Imaginative, a riot of color, a witty (but possibly a bit too complicated) script, and excellent voice talent, all of whom seem to be having a really good time. And, strangely, at times thrilling and genuinely emotionally moving. This one and Frankenweenie (which has stangely vanished from the theaters around these parts) are the two best animated films I've seen in a wnile.

Good previews too; the sequel to Despicable Me lookes extremely promising, and Oz, The Great and Powerful looks like it could take a place among the great fantasy films. I was hoping to see the Life of Pi trailer again but it was missing in action.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Saw it today, really enjoyed it! Can't wait for the bluray. How was the 3D?

·
Premium Member
24,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood  /t/1437349/wreck-it-ralph#post_22569191

Good previews too; the sequel to Despicable Me lookes extremely promising, and Oz, The Great and Powerful looks like it could take a place among the great fantasy films.

Definitely looking forward in watching both of them also.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood  /t/1437349/wreck-it-ralph/0_100#post_22569191

Saw it today; good 3-D, though it would be fine without it. Imaginative, a riot of color, a witty (but possibly a bit too complicated) script, and excellent voice talent, all of whom seem to be having a really good time. And, strangely, at times thrilling and genuinely emotionally moving. This one and Frankenweenie (which has stangely vanished from the theaters around these parts) are the two best animated films I've seen in a wnile.

Good previews too; the sequel to Despicable Me lookes extremely promising, and Oz, The Great and Powerful looks like it could take a place among the great fantasy films. I was hoping to see the Life of Pi trailer again but it was missing in action.

This was pretty good. Kids liked it. The 3d was ok but the trailer for Groods and Oz the 3d looked AWESOME.

·
Registered
20,214 Posts
We saw this last weekend in 2D. Both my kids and I really enjoyed it. The homage to the old school game characters was great. Looking forward to this on blu.

·
Registered
20,214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1437349/wreck-it-ralph#post_22651147

Can't wait to see this wabo were looking forward to it

You'll have a good time wrecking watching it.
Will you see it in the theater or wait for the blu?

·
Premium Member
24,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman  /t/1437349/wreck-it-ralph#post_22659249

You'll have a good time wrecking watching it.
Will you see it in the theater or wait for the blu?

Theatre definitely. Taking the kids on the holidays.

·
Premium Member
24,230 Posts
Went to the movies today to watch Wreck it Ralph and absolutley loved it. Will definitley be picking this up on Blu.

The only downside in watching this film
  • Dirty Seats ( Many other parents were not impressed ) why they haven't moved to leather/vinyl is beyond me
  • Kids out of control in theatre (Parents Just dont care for other people in the Cinema )
  • Moldy smell in Cinema (From the multitude of dirty moldy chairs )
  • Audio was rubbish

My kids now understand why its better to watch movies at home than going to the cinemas.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1437349/wreck-it-ralph/0_100#post_22826748

Went to the movies today to watch Wreck it Ralph and absolutley loved it. Will definitley be picking this up on Blu.

The only downside in watching this film
  • Dirty Seats ( Many other parents were not impressed ) why they haven't moved to leather/vinyl is beyond me
  • Kids out of control in theatre (Parents Just dont care for other people in the Cinema )
  • Moldy smell in Cinema (From the multitude of dirty moldy chairs )
  • Audio was rubbish

My kids now understand why its better to watch movies at home than going to the cinemas.

I had to get on a kid for kicking my daughters chair. He was 10ish(?) and his mom was just sitting there oblivious. I don't think he was doing it to be mean, just spastic. Gave him a nice warning the first time, the second time I turned around and gave him the full glare, and non hushed voice demand to stop it. His mom never said a word. Sheesh.

Great that your kids appreciate your setup. Mine would still rather see it at the theater...

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow  /t/1437349/wreck-it-ralph/0_60#post_22827893

His mom never said a word. Sheesh.
Where have you been?

Aren't you aware people no longer "raise" their own kids when someone else can be forced to do it for them?

·
Premium Member
24,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow  /t/1437349/wreck-it-ralph#post_22827893

I had to get on a kid for kicking my daughters chair. He was 10ish(?) and his mom was just sitting there oblivious. I don't think he was doing it to be mean, just spastic. Gave him a nice warning the first time, the second time I turned around and gave him the full glare, and non hushed voice demand to stop it. His mom never said a word. Sheesh.

That annoys me when parents don't care.
Quote:
Great that your kids appreciate your setup. Mine would still rather see it at the theater...

Mine wanted to see the movie badly, they really appreciated the time and effort that was put into my theatre now. My daughter noticed the audio was horrible as well. She's learning

·
Premium Member
24,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1437349/wreck-it-ralph#post_22829400

Where have you been?

Aren't you aware people no longer "raise" their own kids when someone else can be forced to do it for them?

The future doesn't look bright for some of these kids. If the parents don't care who know what sort of trouble they get into the future. They all need those youtube documentaries of life in prison, that will wake some of them up.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1437349/wreck-it-ralph/0_100#post_22829400

Where have you been?

You gotta pick your battles. I will do it in Beaverton, not in North Portland...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1437349/wreck-it-ralph/0_100#post_22829453

That annoys me when parents don't care.

Mine wanted to see the movie badly, they really appreciated the time and effort that was put into my theatre now. My daughter noticed the audio was horrible as well. She's learning

Wow, they sound very savvy.

I tried to explain the Dolby Atmos tech to my teenage daughter when we saw the Hobbit...crickets...
She does know to comment on the LFE, or lack thereof, so she is to that point at least.

Both daughters really enjoyed Wreck it Ralph and this will be a day one bluray for us.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1437349/wreck-it-ralph/0_60#post_22829477

The future doesn't look bright for some of these kids. If the parents don't care who know what sort of trouble they get into the future.
Welcome to a non Leave it to Beaver America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow  /t/1437349/wreck-it-ralph/0_60#post_22829505

You gotta pick your battles. I will do it in Beaverton, not in North Portland...
And here I thought you were a tough guy....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts