Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I recently installed Sonic Cineplayer 1.5 and now my AC-3 encoded DivX movies are using the Sonic audio decoder for AC-3 playback which does not work (Sonic CP plays dvds fine). I do have the Intervideo AC-3 filters installed/registered also but several of the media players including WMP, ZP and PowerDivX Nextgen are using the Sonic audio decoder rather than the preferred Intervideo audio decoder. I reregistered the Intervideo Audio decoder filter which did not help and even installed WinDVD4.0 but even after that, my AC-3 DivX files are using the Sonic Audio filter. When using WinDVD4.0 to play media files, it still is using the Sonic audio filters.

Is there any way to tell WinXP, which AC-3 audio filter to use? I vaguely remember that there is a way to prioritize which filter to use but I can't seem to remember how to do this.

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks neighbor ;)

That did it. I edited the registry and made the Intervideo Audio Decoder a higher priority and everything works the way it should. Appreciate the link Doug and a big thanks to Joe (jamoka) for figuring out how to do this.

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.