AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for 2 sub woofers for my home theater. I have a lot of projects going (1099's) on right now and do not wish to add a DIY sub woofer to the list. Looking to get the home theater completed by thanksgiving and if i did take on the subs the whole family movie night just wouldn't be ready. With that being said i have listed the drivers that i'm interested in below. My budget is dependent on the driver of course, more interested in DIY subs compared to SVS's or others due to cost savings. Minimum is 15" and sealed enclosure preferred. If you have a smoking deal don't be afraid to shoot it my way. I live in St. Louis and am willing to drive or meet halfway to pick these up.

Dayton Audio Ultimax (15" - 18")
Stereo Integrity HT18
Stereo Integrity HST18
Stereo Integrity (15" not sure of the model)
Will consider others (SVS/JTR) just PM me with details.

I also have (2) Klispch La Scalas I'm willing to include in a trade. They have been upgraded with the Wood Fastrac Horn and Bob Crites Crossovers. I have original K-400 horns and AA crossovers if you'd rather have them. Let's make a deal! Or i have $$$. Had this up on the wrong forum location and got dinged by AVS, these guys are sensitive, plus I'm a newb....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If there is a road trip due west for you in the near future, let me know :) (Dual PSA S3000i)
Albuquerque is a bit of a hike, although winter is coming here in the midwest.

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK OK Kai i did it geez LOL :) Thanks for the quick responses everyone and PM's I'm set. @kaiforce is it possible to connect this to a Inuke 6000DSP?

Reactions: lovinthehd

·
Registered
474 Posts
OK OK Kai i did it geez LOL :) Thanks for the quick responses everyone and PM's I'm set. @kaiforce is it possible to connect this to a Inuke 6000DSP?
For sure, wire each pair of binding posts in series for an 8 ohm load. You should get ~ 1160watts per channel out of a 6000dsp, so about 580 watts per woofer. Its leaving performance on the table, but its definitely enough power to fill up your room. You can upgrade to a second 6000dsp down the road when you crave more, and it will yield you another 3-5 decibels.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
How about two mint 16Ov.2 drivers? They would work well in sealed or ported enclosures. I've got way to many drivers and these are just sitting around. PM for a giveaway price.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for your interest, i am now set.

Reactions: kaiforce
1 - 10 of 10 Posts