AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might just have to wait until their black friday sale, but thought i'd see if anyone in atlanta had these to sell. Obviously i'd accept shipping but you probably dont want to do that. Let me know what you have, how old they are and what you want for them. Would really love to demo them first here in atlanta. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
hi Syd...i am in the process of possibly getting the larger center. therefore will have my six month old smaller E5ci black finish available to sell...i have all original packaging and located in knoxville TN. if you are still interested please let me know!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hello, sir! Quick question - i don't have the room for the larger center unfortunately, but did you find the E5ci to be fairly adequate? I think it would fit my needs. Guess i really don't have a choice honestly.

I have an earlier offer for $70 (including shipping) from another poster. Can you beat that or are you ever in the ATL by chance seeing that you're currently in knoxville?

What do you think of the EMPTek overall? I'm really contemplating going from my 20 year klipsch setup for them, even though the initial sound will probably be a shock.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
well...this is my first 'real' audio system..but i will say i'm overly impressed! the sound these speakers produce is stunning. tho, again, i don't have anything to compare them to... the clarity..soundstage..all the normal buzz words apply in an astonishing way. mid-range in particular just shines..no high end treble fatigue! i can't say enough great things about them! all i know is..for me..i made a great choice going with emp tek. the small center sounds very good...but i'm looking for more...i've been going crazy buying a lot of hi rez music discs and want the most i can get out of them...hence my only reason for upgrading to the larger center. many of them have center loaded vocals and while i have no problem hearing them..just want 'more' of it!

since i have just decided to go this route..i don't know what shipping costs might be. and no plans to be near Atlanta so i would have to ship. TBH sounds like your other offer might be the best you are likely to find. i was hoping to get at least that not including shipping! but i'll keep an open mind and check back with you after i make my upgrade purchase..which is planned for either next week or early July.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts