AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The directions for creating a larger Hard Drive for my Panasonic Showstopper call for either a XP or Linux operating system. Neither of which I have.

Therefore, I would like to purchase a hard drive already setup and ready to go for my system. I have a Panasonic PV-HS2000 ShowStopper.

Current Software version is: 3.0 - Build 202;

ROM Version 522-release - FPGA Version 17.31;

Modem MC143450RDKC2_OP2_3D2_1_1;

Disk 0: QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 30 [176011720945]

If there is anyone here who can provide me with a drive that is ready to go, please respond. I have no problem paying someone to do this for me.

Or if there is a website where someone sells drive ready to go, please direct me to that site.

Thanks,

Rich May

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Well it really couldn't be easier.

But if you really want someone to do that part... well I know Mikeyboy always recommends all options, but personally I trust him more than Fleabay.

Of course many have good luck ordering ready to roll drives there.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I knew nothing about Linux either, but didn't have any problems. You don't have to have a system operating with Linux. You just create a Linux floppy boot disk, and follow the instructions by the letter.

The biggest obstacle I had was my older Compaq PC's BIOS didn't support a HD over 4.7 GB. So I had to flash the BIOS with an update from the motherboard's manufacturer website.

It probably doesn't take more than 5 minutes to do, except for doing a low level format which took 5 hours for me on a 80 GB drive.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Hi richardmay, If you still need someone to prepare a new hard disk by all means send me an email.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.