AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

After hours of toiling over this and numerous other sources, I am about to pull the trigger on either the WD65831 or -732. I have 2 questions about these sets before I do.

1) When watching SD/4:3 sources, what color are the bars on the sides of the screen - black or gray? My dad has an older Mits 1080i set, and the bars are light gray. It is very distracting.

2) If you have ever had to call Mits for customer service, what kind of experience did you have and why did you have to call?

Thanks in advance,

Phlytrap

·
Registered
40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlytrap /forum/post/0

Hello all,

After hours of toiling over this and numerous other sources, I am about to pull the trigger on either the WD65831 or -732. I have 2 questions about these sets before I do.

1) When watching SD/4:3 sources, what color are the bars on the sides of the screen - black or gray? My dad has an older Mits 1080i set, and the bars are light gray. It is very distracting.

2) If you have ever had to call Mits for customer service, what kind of experience did you have and why did you have to call?

Thanks in advance,

Phlytrap

Bars are black on the 732. No experience with customer service

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

Quote:

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for that. Anyone else have experience with the Mits cust. service?

I have been extremely happy with their customer relations dept and technical support. Never a problem and the call back option is teriffic.

I bought an WD-65831 3 months ago and am extremely pleased with the set. I had mine professionally calibrated and really love the whole look.

Unfortunately, I am moving to a front projection so I am looking to sell my current set. Not to be pushy, but take a look under For Sale > Display Devices if interested. The price is a steal for what you get.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

Quote:

Hello all,

Thanks in advance,

Phlytrap

Not sure if yuo use the cable card, but my DTV receiver does black. I agree that grey is distracting as heck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.