AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends and myself put together a "hacker space" in Norfolk VA (a collaborative space to share tools and knowledge, think building things not malicious computer use.)

I've setup some AMX hardware and was going to put into place a 12x8 digital mixer/matrix box, but then learned about the older PLB-AMP8 amplifiers branded Panja / AMX / Landmark.

Playing games with ebay sellers, but noticed there are quite a few on craigslist. Just none local.

So if anyone has one they could sell for $200 shipped (fedex ground is fine, they are the cheapest) I'm looking.

I figure this is the right thread since it's an automation specific amplifier.

I'm a QSC fan at heart, but I love AMX hardware.

·
Registered
971 Posts
FYI.. Its just a multizone amp. You cant do any switching with it.

Quote:
FEATURES

* Provides eight amplified audio channels in four stereo pairs, 63 watts RMS per channel

* Accepts line-level audio inputs

* Responds to PHASTLink commands for output level and muting

* Displays channel level on rear-panel display

* Channel select and level buttons allow local gain adjustment

* Saves master gain levels in memory to balance outputs or limit gain

* Stable output into four ohms
http://www.amx.com/products/PLB-AMP8.asp

I think you might be looking for a PLB-AS8 or PLB-AS16 audio matrix switcher. You can use this switcher with any amplifier.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by telmnstr /forum/post/18310906

Some friends and myself put together a "hacker space" in Norfolk VA (a collaborative space to share tools and knowledge, think building things not malicious computer use.)

I've setup some AMX hardware and was going to put into place a 12x8 digital mixer/matrix box, but then learned about the older PLB-AMP8 amplifiers branded Panja / AMX / Landmark.

Playing games with ebay sellers, but noticed there are quite a few on craigslist. Just none local.

So if anyone has one they could sell for $200 shipped (fedex ground is fine, they are the cheapest) I'm looking.

I figure this is the right thread since it's an automation specific amplifier.

I'm a QSC fan at heart, but I love AMX hardware.

Howdy,

I have exactly that amp if you're still interested. Please PM me if you'd like the amp.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, you still need that Panja amp? I have a few of them left from jobs that were upgraded, that I was just about to put on ebay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts