AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just thought I'd post this here rather than in the classifieds because perhaps someone who hadn't considered selling their projector might see this and take notice. I have not seen a single used Japan import Sharp for sale here, on ebay or anywhere else, so I decided to post a "wanted" message.

If any of you are itching to switch to D-ILA, CRT, 12 degree mirror DLP, etc. etc., I would seriously consider purchasing your Sharp 9000. I realize that for a price of $4K I will be getting a used Japan import model, but that's fine with me.

As long as it is functionally perfect and has at least 50% of the life left on the bulb I would take it.

You need to be local to Southern California, the Bay area, Portland, Las Vegas, Seattle or Phoenix, so that I or a family member can inspect it.

I might consider doing a long distance mail purchase but only from a very well established forum member with a track record of satisfied transactions with other forum members.

I arrived at my price of $4K by figuring 80% of the price of a new one from Kwon.

You can PM me, e-mail me at [email protected] or call me at 909 347 5618.

Thanks for looking. :D

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
I am also interested in buying a Sharp 9000 and will pay $4001.00. I am also a little bit more flexible than Chris and am willing to do business with you if you are a LITTLE bit shady.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
::pOW::

Now that my powerful right hook has eliminated QQQ from the bidding war, the price is back down to $4000.00 and you must be of high character.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@ chrisreeves,

You said that you saw a new Sharp 9000 at "Kwon" for $5K. Can you let me know what Web site I can find this at? I have been looking around for prices on the Sharp, and I have seen nothing close to this price at all. It would be a great buy at 5K. Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You can find Kwon by clicking the "**********" banner at the top of the forum. Be aware that you may not be getting a warrantee by buying from there.

·
Registered
916 Posts
jolam01,

Click the banner ad for PriceJap**.com at the top of your forum page to access that website. By the way, today's price is $5,184.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by QQQ
I am also interested in buying a Sharp 9000 and will pay $4001.00
Ok I'm interested too and will pay $1004.00

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
I am willing to pay 8000 pesos for a new Sharp, the usage on the bulb must between 60 - 70 hours, no more or less and I want it delivered in a plain brown paper bag

·
Registered
131 Posts
Has anyone ever seen a thread drop so deep into the toilet, so fast?

Moderator, could you please push the lever and flush this thread?

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
And here I thought I was the only smart-ass on this forum ;). Now you guys have truly made me feel at home. Thank You.

p.s. Doesn't this thread belong in the cheapskates forum?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was quite serious about the offer and still am. However, it has become a humorous thread. Since when has a little humor on the forum been the same as dropping into the toilet? In addition this thread is not off topic since we are (however tongue in cheek it may be) discussing the purchasing of a projector with an MSRP of over $5K.

Rbhargan you have a total of 45 posts, which essentially qualifies you as new. Try waiting until you have a little better judgment before you go whining to a moderator to kill a thread. No one has used any profanity or made any racist or sexist comments. There is no flaming going on. We just have some humorous comments about buying a projector. What is your problem with that? The only negative comment on this thread is your whining. So just relax, take a chill pill and enjoy avsforum.

I swear, some people around here feel the need to play little tin god. . .

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mphinne2
I'm willing to pay $1010 but I am willing to deal with very shady characters.
Mphinne2-

Please send me $1010 and I promise you will quickly learn you are dealing with a very shady character!! :D

·
Registered
639 Posts
okay okay okay...I will pay the 4000, but the sharp MUST be recently stolen and completely taken apart and delivered by a UPS midget at midnight.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Actually, I find this thread interesting because we had recently had the thread about depreciation and how quickly projectors lose their value, blah blah. I would make the same type of offer for a Japanese Marantz @ $5000. But the fact is (going back to the "how much is my projector worth?" thread) if nobody's selling, the price for a used one is the same as the price for a new one, because you have to buy a new one to get one. It doesn't matter what it's worth. 80% for like new second hand sounds pretty reasonable, though.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Still, I bet you will find the line composed of used Sharp 9000 buyers a lot longer in the Kwon-issued Units line than the US-issued Units line. :) And Mr. Kwon isn't the only out-of-town source for Japanese-issued 9000s in that price range.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.