AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to bid on an ebay auction, so I missed out on a nice 12+ year old 104" Stewart screen that would have been about $200.

So now I'm looking for a 5-12 year old 2.35:1 screen here, preferably Stewart's Firehawk series.

I'm not going to use the screen forever as I eventually want to go bigger, so I'm looking for an older one that is heavily discounted, but has no flaws on the screen portion. I'd like to try a screen with a little higher gain than 1.0 too.

To make the deal work, you'd have to be within driving distance of Columbia, SC and send me pictures. That is unless you want to sell it dirt cheap as I have a feeling shipping would be expensive and probably kill the deal.

PM me if a picture and description if you have one to sell. 110" width limit is the actual width including the frame and not the diagonal measurement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I forgot to bid on an ebay auction, so I missed out on a nice 12+ year old 104" Stewart screen that would have been about $200.

So now I'm looking for a 5-12 year old 2.35:1 screen here, preferably Stewart's Firehawk series.

I'm not going to use the screen forever as I eventually want to go bigger, so I'm looking for an older one that is heavily discounted, but has no flaws on the screen portion. I'd like to try a screen with a little higher gain than 1.0 too.

To make the deal work, you'd have to be within driving distance of Columbia, SC and send me pictures. That is unless you want to sell it dirt cheap as I have a feeling shipping would be expensive and probably kill the deal.

PM me if a picture and description if you have one to sell. 110" width limit is the actual width including the frame and not the diagonal measurement.
That's comical that you're posting this. I wish you were offering more and that I was in SC. I just posted a 110" Stewart w/ Firehawk G3 material one minute ago.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Not sure why my post is comical, but thanks for the arrogant reply? I guess you can't read either as your screen is 16x9 and I'm clearly looking for a cinemascope screen?

I also never said what my offer was, I just talked about the deal I missed out on by accident:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/104-Stewart-Anamorphic-Cinemascope-Firehawk-Movie-Screen-2-35-1-/371283725590?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56723c0d16

Anyways, there's another older Stewart screen 150 miles from me for $200, but it's 16x9. So yes, there are several used Firehawk screens available for that price range. You'd know this had you bothered to do any research before posting. I'm just looking for something similar in 2.35:1.

We [anyone except meanaverage] can discuss price after I get an idea of driving distance, condition, etc... Like I said, I'm looking for an older one someone's not using that is a certain width or smaller. I don't want a like new g3 or g4 version unless the price is right.

That's comical that you're posting this. I wish you were offering more and that I was in SC. I just posted a 110" Stewart w/ Firehawk G3 material one minute ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure why my post is comical, but thanks for the arrogant reply? I guess you can't read either as your screen is 16x9 and I'm clearly looking for a cinemascope screen?

I also never said what my offer was, I just talked about the deal I missed out on by accident:
link removed

Anyways, there's another older Stewart screen 150 miles from me for $200, but it's 16x9. So yes, there are several used Firehawk screens available for that price range. You'd know this had you bothered to do any research before posting. I'm just looking for something similar in 2.35:1.

We [anyone except meanaverage] can discuss price after I get an idea of driving distance, condition, etc... Like I said, I'm looking for an older one someone's not using that is a certain width or smaller. I don't want a like new g3 or g4 version unless the price is right.
Ah, I didn't realize how my post sounded. No arrogance was intended, only excitement. By comical, I just meant it was a funny coincidence. I guess I'm just too chatty for my own good sometimes. I was excited by your post -- that something I had to offer (almost identical, was posted as a wanted item at the exact same time I was posting mine for sale. I didn't notice the size ratio until after I posted.

As for not checking the going price for such things, I'm in the process of moving and things are a bit hectic right now. I figured it would be easier to just post my screen for sale and let the market find the right price.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok, makes sense. I bet you can sell them easily on ebay if you are in LA, for probably double what they go for around here. I can tell you there's a nice Stewart g3 120" that is local to me for $700. The problem is it's too big for my space, so I need a smaller 2.35:1 screen.

Ah, I didn't realize how my post sounded. No arrogance was intended, only excitement. By comical, I just meant it was a funny coincidence. I guess I'm just too chatty for my own good sometimes. I was excited by your post -- that something I had to offer (almost identical, was posted as a wanted item at the exact same time I was posting mine for sale. I didn't notice the size ratio until after I posted.

As for not checking the going price for such things, I'm in the process of moving and things are a bit hectic right now. I figured it would be easier to just post my screen for sale and let the market find the right price.

Good luck with your search.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts