Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
Terry,

I'm receiving both stations with a strong signal but no audio on WATL? Wonder how long until UPN goes live? Btw, Titan TV shows WPBA with a live date of 10/15/2002.

Edited to add that the audio has been restored to WATL.

·
Registered
396 Posts
It's so exciting to be getting two more digital channels. I hope WTBS buys some HD cameras, I'd love to see the Braves in HD.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Congrats to Joe Carey @ WTBS!

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Chad, It was a great relief to see that I can receive both of the new channels with no problems. Strong signals for both. Now, if I could solve my Fox and ABC problems, I'd be all set.

Bob, Joe Carey is doing a great job here in Atlanta! WTBS-DT OTA is a definite improvement over the DirecTV feed. Nice, strong signal in my location. The Braves game looked several orders of magnitude better last night. Btw, are you doing DD 5.1 in Charlotte? Any of the Fox shows, existing or new offerings this fall, in DD 5.1?

Linda

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been watching WTBS on Directv or Dish Network for several years. Didn't realize just how bad those feeds are compared to the OTA DT signal. Braves PQ was a major improvement.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Linda,

Worked with Joe when at WBTV-DT, WTBS-Atlanta is fortunate to have Joe, he is one sharp engine-ear. I know he would appreciate any feedback you may have. He reads this forum , so you should send him a PM.

Here, we did DD5.1 for the superbowl and It worked well, we learned a lot.

Can't comment on what FOX may do this fall, as all I know is rumors and that would not be for me to spread. If I hear anything, will let you know.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by [email protected]
Congrats to Bill Van (WATL) in putting his SECOND HDTV station on the air. The first was WGNX (now WGCL).
Hi, Lou!

Didn't know if you were still around. Interesting info on Bill Vanduynhoven. So we have Bill to thank for HDTV at WGCL as well as WB's offerings. Sounds like about four hours worth of HD coming this fall from the WB.

Haven't needed to call you guys in a long time. The "bad boys" of WGCL are doing a great job. :) These new signals are a welcome addition to OTA in Atlanta. Overall, we're fortunate to have some great people working at our local stations.

Linda

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.