AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having a huge problem. y'all tell me if you've had this before...

done watching a show. hit stop, delete. sound stops, blank screen. no return to replay guide or live tv.

remote and panel buttons nonresponsive (4504).

do a soft-reset (holding power button)

boot up, arrive at the usual first screen "press menu, replayguide, etc".

buttons nonresponsive. pressing all of them randomly gets me to live tv. now, nothing happens. can't do anything.

pull the plug. boot again. able to get to replay guide once, then not at all.

i'm soft-rebooting again. i'm hoping to write down all my shows asap so i can factory reset if i need to.

anyone have any suggestions before i go through with this and lose all my stuff?

thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
new info:

when i just boot up, i can get to replay guide, which works for 10 seconds or so. then it freezes. sound from live TV in the background.

DVarchive also not connecting. that extra-sucks, because i can't connect to at least d/l the stuff that's on there already.

whatever commands i need to issue to fix this are going to have to be put in in like 10 seconds. this sucks!

new new info: with my 10 seconds of replay guide, i hit play for a show. it's playing now, but i can't do anything else. no pause, no stop, no replay guide or menu. i'm going to wait to see if a) CA works and B)what happens at the end of the show.

so y'all have 20 minutes to solve my problems, ok? :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok

CA works, but doesn't display the CA icon!

okay!

i hit "replay guide" once, about 10 minutes ago, and now i have it! DV archive connection and all.

i'm going to offload all my shows. if anyone would like to tell me if this is likely to happen again and again, and that i'd benefit from a factory reset, or something else, i'd be very appreciative.

thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've had the same kind of problems in the past w/ my 4080 and my 5040, it seemed to be a problem w/ my dhcp. I unplugged the CAT5 and got system control back, i checked all my settings (network stuff) on the boxes, and on my network and tried again. I haven't had any other problems w/ this recently.

fwiw: Not sure if it was part of the problem, but they were both seperated from the DHCP by a Wireless Ethernet Bridge.

Good luck and hope it helps.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm trying the ethernet unplug now.

i've gotten everything off the box that i want, and could do a factory reset.... i've narrowed my problem down to... when i go to delete something out of replay guide (not when a show is done and it asks me), it freezes for what is at least a long time. i haven't waited out the freeze for more than 10 mins (it typically takes about 30 to unfreeze while i'm just watching tv)

i think i'm going to f-reset. gonna suck, entering everything back.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
of course!

my ISP recently changed my DNS servers. since i did *not* have my replay on DHCP, it had no DNS. i entered the new servers - lets hope that was the problem!

thanks folks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.