AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone please explain this to me...

My Mitsu 65511 has a built in HD tuner, so I connected up an antenna and get great signal. However! If the signal is Digital and I want to change the format I can't. "Format not available for current HD or SD16:9 signal" - WHY?!?

Is Mitsu behind the times or what? Do other Integrated TV's have this same oversight?? Can I get around it!!?

** Manual says the following:

Standard -> stretch 4:3 - All Signals

Expand -> correct narrow 4:3 - 480i & SD4:3 ONLY

Zoom -> remove top&bottom black - 480i ONLY

Stretched -> outsides stretched more than center - 480i ONLY

Narrow -> adds grey bars - 480i, 480p, SD4:3 ONLY

So what am I supposed to do when stations transmit HD4:3 (last week ABC had the Wild / Avalanche game that way)

- they tell you to watch out for burn in, but don't give you a way to avoid it?!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
There are differences between Mitsu models. My 48311 does allow an HD program (1080i) to be horizontally stretched to allow 4:3 content within a 16:9 broadcast to fill the screen and eliminate the sidebars. That was one feature I was looking for in my selection of an RP HDTV.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have last year's 65 integrated (65869) and it will not alter a digital signal either. Mits does mix it up with the models. A co-worker has the 55 HD ready and has a lot more PIP options. From their site the new integrated models still have only 1 1080i in while the others have more.

Go figure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.