AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is a problem with my SIR-T150 (just out of waranty) or a problem with WTOL-DT (11-2 & 11-2) in Toledo but it's the only OTA DT station I'm having this problem with. Here it goes. When watching WTOL the video and audio seems to lose the lock which the video freezing and the audio going into a continuous loop. The screen flashes the signal is lost and after the signal locks on, the picture and audio returns OK for 10-15 seconds and it all starts again. Nothing like any multipath problem I've had. Could be my receiver but it doesn't happen on any of the 3 other digital stations (WNWO, WTVG or WUPW). Not sure what to do at this point and hoping it's not only me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
You still having a problem? E-mail them and ask them if they have problems on their end. My brother works there (he's a photojournalist). Tell him Kevin Koprowski's brother Scott recommended you contact them.

Scott

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Still having the problem. After reading several posts here it seems the problem is more than likely on their end. Seems the Samsung STB's can be pretty intolerant to bad digital data being sent which causes them to spontaneously reboot. That's what's happening here. It was suggested that I go back to the 1.8 firmware from 2.0 which I just did and still I'm having the problem. WTOL-DT is totally unwatchable for me. Bummer. I've been sending emails to their chief engineer but he doesn't answer his email. Tried copying the engineering supervisor but no luck their either. I guess I can try a name drop too with your brother's name. I appreciate it. Getting frustrating.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Quote:
Yes. Still having the problem. After reading several posts here it seems the problem is more than likely on their end. Seems the Samsung STB's can be pretty intolerant to bad digital data being sent which causes them to spontaneously reboot. That's what's happening here. It was suggested that I go back to the 1.8 firmware from 2.0 which I just did and still I'm having the problem. WTOL-DT is totally unwatchable for me. Bummer. I've been sending emails to their chief engineer but he doesn't answer his email. Tried copying the engineering supervisor but no luck their either. I guess I can try a name drop too with your brother's name. I appreciate it. Getting frustrating.
I am having the exact same problem... started sometime after Sunday (I watched the Browns game in HD with absolutely no problems). I am using a Samsung SIR-T151 box. If you have any contact information, please let me know and I'll try and get ahold of them too. Hopefully this issue gets fixed before this coming Sunday's games...

How do you upgrade the firmware on the Samsung boxes? I was wondering that a couple days ago...

On a semi-related topic, do either of you experience sound dropouts when WNWO switches between the local and national feeds? I have to change the channel and then go back to get sound... very frustrating. It does this the majority of the time, on a few occasions the sound will come back 3-4 seconds after it switches back to the national feed.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nate,

With regard to WNWO yes, I'm having the same issue with the audio drop outs on the switching. I know about the frustration. :)

The firmware upgrade I did was actually rolling it back to 1.8 from2.0. Not sure if the process is the same for the 151 as the 150 but you need a special cable. You can make one or buy it from Samsung. I did the later. The instructions for the 150 are here. You may have to check into the process for the 151.

I'll send you a private message with the contact info.

Bob

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback regarding the Zenith. I guess misery loves company but I hope they recognize that they have a problem and the only way they'll recognize that is if we all contact them about it. I'll send you the info I sent Nate via PM.

Bob

·
Registered
334 Posts
Fullwave, sorry to hear about your Zenith problems...I have a sort of related question....which of the major network Toledo digital channels/signals is the strongest? Today I finally picked up a Toledo channel (WTVG 13.1) here in Windsor, Ontario.I tried to pick up 24.1, and 11.1 to no avail.Did WTVG increase their digital signal strength recently? I don't think it's because of Tropo, because I would probably pick up the other Toledo digital channels.

Redvette

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I believe WTVG must have done something on the transmit side. It's coming a lot stronger for me but that's only been the last few days.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, maybe they got the emails. Tonight at least so far no reboots. Keeping my fingers crossed. So far, looking good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.