AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the reason for the switching of the channels? I'm curious, but can't complain, I now recieve WTVG instead of a black screen. Will WNWO also be doing this?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Not sure what you mean. I checked all 3 Toledo DTV stations tonight and they all seem fine.

WTOL

17-1 CBS HDTV

17-2 CBS SDTV

WTVG

19-1 ABC HDTV

19-2 ABC SDTV

19-3 Weather Radar

WNWO

49 NBC HDTV

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The WTOL and WTVG stations were as you listed them about a week ago, now they are:

WTOL:

11 analog

11-1 HD

11-2 SD

WTVG:

13 analog

13-1 HD

13-2 SD

13-3 radar

WNWO

24 analog

49-2 HD

Before the channels switched to the above, I could get a picture from WTVG in HD, just a black screen, now everything is crystal clear.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
The stations haven't changed anything.

You must have switched your STB from the digital channel numbers (which I'm referencing above, 17, 19, 49) to the re-mapped analog ones (11, 13, 24)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Actually, I noticed this to. For some reason WNWO isnt remapping to 24 anymore, but 49. The problem I was having of the audio dropping out when they switched from local to live feeds during ER was gone as well. The last 15 minutes were black, but that sounds like a national problem from reading other threads here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
last night i did a channel search to make sure i wasn't going nuts, and guess what! 49-2 WNWO HDTV is now 24-2. Whatever happened, it happened by itself, or there is a techie ghost in my house who likes to watch TV.

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
What STB's are you two using?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i found in the TV menu, an item to switch the channel guide on and off. i must have turned it on recently and that grouped the stations together. if i turn it off, it reverts back to 17,19, and 49.

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HDTVNewbie
i found in the TV menu, an item to switch the channel guide on and off. i must have turned it on recently and that grouped the stations together. if i turn it off, it reverts back to 17,19, and 49.
Way to go!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.