AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like WTXX-DT, a WB affiliate, is about to go on the air as of today, December 6th, 2002

I am picking up a digital signal on Channel 12 with an RCA DTC-100, out here in the Bronx, New York City.

Are you guys seeing anything yet?

·
Registered
189 Posts
The only DTV alllocation I see for CT is analog channel 20 out of Waterbury. It was assigned digital chanel 12. This is from my FCC DTV allocations list (it's old and may not be 100% accurate).

It shows them with an ERP of 3.2 kW (that has to be a typo) and height above average terrain of 366 meters.

Pete KT2B

CT WATERBURY A CH 20 D CH 12 3.2 kW 366.0m

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'll check when I get home. Good news. It would be nice to watch the Huskies on a DTV signal. Analog is bad here in Farmington. Titan TV has WTXX-DT 12 scheduled for Dec 15 live date, but they are not always accurate. WTXX could be just testing now. Huskies are on tomorrow night! I'll have my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Not a blip from WTXX here for me :( and the ERP better be 320 KW as 3.2 is very pointless. I would have to live under the tower to get a good signel.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Digital stations in the VHF band require much less power than do UHF stations. 3.2 Kw is within the range of ERP's listed for VHF stations on 100000watts.com.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Not a blip for me either. I tried around 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm. I can pull in at least a 6 signal on just about every station in CT and MA, but nothing for WTXX. Like I said earlier maybe they are just testing periodically.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yeah, they've been up solid since about 12/15. There's another thread in this forum from achase who runs the antenna complex. My analog WTXX reception is awful so 12-1 has been a godsend! I still haven't seen HD programming yet on the channel. I really only watch UCONN hoops on this channel. I guess Reba and Smallville are broadcast in HD among a few other programs. The station has claimed that they will offer HD on anything the WB provides.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Andy,

I move back on Tuesday. Wife is staying here... 'nuff said!

Looking foreward to the improved weather, if not the long drive with trailer in tow. If you want to see the ECP up and running come by before Saturday!

Sean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.