AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Long time lurker here.

I've been burdened with living in the integration world where everything has to be hidden away in an equipment cabinet, so HDBaseT is my friend, and I use it a lot. Lately, I've been utilizing it with 16:10 aspect ratio projectors, and just accepted that the projector would only ever get to 16:9 based on the extenders I'm pairing with it. However, it would be nice to know if HDBaseT could handle a little bit more resolution and I could start using 16:10 screens again.

Has anyone tried using HDBaseT beyond the 1080p spec? Did it work?

Thanks
MoreLumensPlease

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
1920x1200 @ 60hz is a standard part of the HDBT specification.

It's not about resolution or aspect ratio, it's about the amount of data you are trying to feed it. But, the commercial world and HDBT are far larger markets than the consumer world is. AMX, Crestron, Extron, and others are huge players in the HDBT world, and most of their business is commercial.

Crestron, by example: http://www.crestron.com/resources/p...ne_catalog/default.asp?jump=1&model=HD-EXT3-C

Look at the specifications, and you will see a listed MAXIMUM resolution of 2560x1600 up to 60Hz refresh rate and 4:4:4 color sampling. So, since 1920x1200 is less than that, you would have no issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts