AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have very little knowledge of scalers and have a specific requirement that I need to meet, so I thought I would post this request. While this project is at work, the solution does not necessarily need to be of industrial or even high commercial quality.

I have a Sunblade 150 currently outputting, (according to the monitor), 73.6 kHz / 59.6 Hz, 1920 x 1200, 151MHz video (WUXGA?) to an existing Sun widescreen monitor via 15 pin VGA connector.

I need to split this video signal 1x2, feed it to the existing monitor and convert the other output to a standard HD tv format for HDMI input into a panel tv located about 50 feet away. There is no option to modify any of the existing system except for the inclusion of the receiver/drivers in the splitter. While $$$ is a consideration, build quality, reliability, compatibility, PQ and ease of setup are of primary importance in selecting the required hardware.

I am assuming that a solution will be a combination of a vga splitter and a scaler/converter and am looking for recommendations for both.

There appears to be a large number of VGA splitters available, many only publishing a max resolution spec while others specifying the compatible video formats. Am I correct in my assumption that it is the bandwidth of the receiver/driver set that governs the splitter's capabilities? For instance, the IOGear GVS92 indicates "Ultra High 250 MHz Bandwidth Superior video quality, maintains highest signal strength in all applications up to 1920 x 1440", therefore, it should be able to support WUXGA? Or the Aluratek AVS02 claims "has a high bandwidth of 350MHz to support high quality video and resolution of up to 1920x1440".

As for the Scaler/Converter, I have found a number of them, such as the, Aluratek AVH100F and the AudioAuthority 1385 .

Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Edit: I'm considering the following: Gefen 1:2 VGA Hub or Gefen 1:4 VGA Hub & Gefen VGA to DVI Scalar Plus or Gefen VGA to HDMI Scalar . Any opinions on Gefen products?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.