AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our initial test last Tuesday (November 6th) didn't go so well due to problems we had with our network receiver. We suspect the problems were overheating but haven't verified it yet. However, we have taken steps to prevent it from overheating again.

I have authorization to bring up our H/DTV operation for the television premier of Saving Private Ryan this Sunday evening, November 11, 2001, starting at 8:00 PM. I make no guarantees that everything will work but we are going to give it another try.

I will make a posting to the current (hot) thread, "FCC OK's Slashing DTV Power and Hours of Operation", but I wanted to let H/DTV enthusiasts in the southeast Virginia and northeast North Carolina viewing area know that I am working to get authorization to operate WVEC-DT in low power during times when ABC is supplying HD programming. This may not happen until January as we are still deficient in some equipment areas, but I am working on it. I am compiling a list of E-mail addresses of people and organizations in the WVEC-DT viewing area who want to be notified of future system & programming tests. If you would like to be on this list, please send your E-mail address to me at [email protected]

Peter Dennant

Director of Engineering

WVEC-TV/WVEC-DT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.