AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened to the planned launch of WVIT-DT on May 1,2003? I now see on antennaweb.org that it is planned for July 4,2003! And I was already to climb up on the roof tomorrow!

Also, does anyone know anything new on WFSB-DT (CBS) going to full power?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Due to the legal bickering back and forth between WVIT (NBC30) and WTIC (Fox61), Connecticut HDTV fans are once again left in the dark. I called WVIT yesturday and the Programming Director told me that the new tower has been purchased, the legal problems have been resolved, and as soon as all the pieces arrive they will put it up. When I asked for a date she was hesitant because they have not met a deadline yet. When I pressed further she said "sometime towards the end of summer....maybe around the end of August."

My guess is that both stations will be up about the same time. WFSB will finish building their new tower and begin broadcasting at full power around the same time also. It looks like Christmas will be in August this year. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Does anyboldy know fi WFSB will be on Rattle Snake mountain also staying on Avon mountain? I ask because I am in Milford and hoping they move to Rattle Snake Mountain so that all stations will be no further than aboue 33 miles from me.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I do not care so much about WVIT and even less about WTIC, but this is holding up WTXX and I need a WB badly. Can WTXX put there transmitter up at the top of the tower with out the other stations? or is it all or nothing.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I sent an email to WVIT today to find out if the Titan TV info (July 4 live date) was accurate. Here is the response:

We are looking at a October launch. Our Antenna is due to ship in mid September, while the tower modification is underway. Anything that is actually delivered to us in High Def will be passed along in it's native format. Programs that are not produced in High Def will be up converted.

Looks like the fall for WVIT, WTIC and CPTV.

Ralph

·
Registered
740 Posts
Now I am pissed, the FCC should start to fine stations that are dragging there feet.

I had hoped that the beginning of the fall season was the absolute worst case. If they could have gotten on the air in a more timely fashion they would have picked up a ton of Long Island viewers. Now when the ESB is ready I will turn my Antenna toward NY and never look at Conn. again !

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes, this is BS in CT. It seems the rest of the country has more than one HDTV channel, and here is CT with almost nothing. Another shame is taht there is no way to experiend ESPN HD, and ESPN headquarters is 10 minutes from my house! And I'm not going to put a dish up until there are a substantial amount of channels, and it's worthwhile to do so.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ditto!!! This is a load of c--p!!! For the love of god, just get it done already, it does seem like everyone else in major areas is starting to thrive while we just keep on lingering here in Connecticut.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Quote:
It seems the rest of the country has more than one HDTV channel, and here is CT with almost nothing.
What are you using for an antenna? I'm in Farmington also about 10 minutes from ESPN and I get six digital channels with a good sized attic antenna. Granted the channels other than ABC and CBS have next to diddly for HD programming, but they are certainly better than analog OTA.

I can pull in WFSB-DT and WTXX-DT from Rattlesnake, WTNH-DT and WCTX-DT from Hamden, PBS and NBC from Springfield.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Same here. I live in Wallingford and am getting the NBC station out of Springfield with no problems (Channel Master Roof Antenna). Haven't tried the PBS station, what channel is that on?

I really do wish there would be more programming in HD. CBS is having the Yankee game tonight; I would love to see that in HD.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Forgot to mention the Audio problems. WTNH is marginal, NBC out of Springfield is O.K. However, WFSB audio problem is really low. I have to turn up my TV all the way to hear anything. Then I usually forget to lower the volume before switching channels.

Anyone now what's up with that? I send them an e-mail, but got no response. However, I did send it to their general e-mail address. Anyone know the e-mail address for the techies?

·
Registered
163 Posts
PatG25, what direction on the compass is NBC out of springfield and what digital channel is it? I am in Milford, CT so it is probably too far, but worth a shot. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Scottte, for me it is at 10 degrees. However, I have my antenna pointed straight nort (0 degrees). This way I happen to get all 6 digital station without the need to rotate the antenna (in good weather, that is).

·
Registered
813 Posts
Quote:
Haven't tried the PBS station, what channel is that on?
Real channel 58-1, 58-2, 58-3 and 58-4. The remap to 57-1, 57-2, 57-3 and 57-4.

58-1 is WGBY DT which sometimes is an upconvert of analog 57 but at night it's either HD programming (rare) or an HDTV demo loop. Sometimes during the day the upconvert has no audio.

58-2 is PBS Kids, 58-3 is PBS West, and 58-4 is PBS You.

I get this around the same strength as WWLP (44-65).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.