AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received this message from the engineer at WWMT. Has anyone in West Michigan been able to receive a signal?

"We are on at the moment (as of yesterday June 3 at 4:30 PM) with programming on 2-4 normal channel 3 video and hope to be on 2-3 with HD CBS in a few days. We had to send back a piece of equipment for repairs. This item is supposed to back today and then we will be installing it and

should be able to pass through CBS HD programming.

You may not find us on in the daytime for a few days as we are still working on completing and testing some items, but we should be on in the evenings with at least the 2-4 programming.

Let us know if you are able to receive us we are anxious to know what our coverage is going to be.

If you don't find us e-mail me and I will try to help figure out what we need to do.

Thanks for your interest in HDTV and channel 3.

Jim Steffey"

WWMT

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've been e mailing with Jim S. since last year and delays have become a way of life at wwmt. I received the same message as you an haven'

t picked up anything yet in Port Sheldon, 3 comes in well but digital 7series from wood is spotty at best with multipath problems from my rooftop. Will post with any new news on above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked up a digital signal on their non-HDTV station (3-2) on 6/4 PM. I was getting about a 79 signal streingth. It was about 6 below WOOD's signal from my rooftop antenna. The were not on last night.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Hi guys! Just curious, can you lock WLNS digital out of Lansing? I'm between the Detroit and Lansing markets and am curious how far West that signal carries (OK, and I'll probably try to DX the Gr Rapids stations when I get time :D).

·
Registered
740 Posts
I live in Ann Arbor. I can get a lock easily with my newly installed CM4221 and it's pointing east. . I don't see anything when I get to that channel though. The strength meter shows 54%

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
They're live. I too get their signal while pointing East. They must be baking my gray matter with a signal as strong as their's! There are times when it is easier for me to lock them than the Detroit CBS affiliate. Nice to have a choice :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.