AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Exquisite 2 meter Silver Serpent Component cables today, I had them installed and the lines on my DVD movie 'Zorro' seem to have disapeered! The RCA dealers 'icky' Yellow, white and red component? video, didn't even come close to the superior quality of these Silver Serpent Component cables.

I can't believe a RCA dealer didn't 'know' that you need to have 75 ohm coax in colors yellow, blue, and green. IMHO go with our sponsers 'flag ship line' Silver Serpent you will not be disapointed at all!!!!

I never knew how much high end cables could make a difference, as these cables 'TOWER' over others. www.bettercables.com has new customer, for I will order again soon. Next on my agenda would be to update my S-Video cable from my webtv to the HDTV.

Question: Would it make much of a difference, to update the 'rca' plugged video cable. The one comming from the Sharp Vhs Vcr to get a better quality picture or not?

I have had some sucess deleting just about all contrast and sharpness and using the black /bright? mode. I can get a fairly decent picture out of it. I eleminated the Sima svs-4 s-video switcher, 4 into one video Jack on back of my old TV. When the man installed, all the cables for me.

I could have the left side board in any of 4 colors Regal Blue, Forest Green, Red, or Plum I chose Regal Blue. I keep the set at the cool setting, that I always set my former TV to the blue tone.

For owners of the 38 inch RCA model F38310JVR4, my set was manufactured in March of 2001, final assembly in Mexico. I can only hear the fan running, when I go next to TV, I don't hear any fan noise from the front at all.
www.bettercables.com The Best that money can buy. From a satisfied customer that will buy again, for sure!

------------------

"smiles are contagious: be a carrier" :) Tony

RCA F38310JVR4 HDTV

Sony CX860 DVD

Sony CX850D DVD

Pioneer F-1007 CD

Pioneer PDF-904 CD

Sharp VHS Vcr

Silver Serpent cables

[This message has been edited by TonyT (edited 06-12-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
I notice they cost $100. I don't want to come across rude, but imho wouldn't you get just as good or better performance by buying a set of three rg6 cables from radioshack, and using an F->rca adapter? This would of course be overkill, but it would still be much cheaper.

------------------

Alex

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Hi,

These cables are really topnotch.

You may see my old review, for my old projector setup, before the days I really about TAW.
42 feet long BetterCables.com cable better picture quality than 6-feet store bought cable

Also, an adaptor can cause more signal degradation than difference between a 10 feet and a 50 feet BetterCables.com cable, depending on the adaptor!

(Note: This is not a TAW product. TAW sells their own brand of cables. So I'm not advertising here. Just wanted to point this out.)

------------------

Thanks,

Mark Rejhon
www.marky.com/hometheater
Lead Software Engineer for The TAW ROCK

[This message has been edited by Mark Rejhon (edited 06-12-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Hi mark.

The link doesn't seem to be active.

------------------

Alex

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
I do definetly see how, with a 42 foot run and running pj line doubled/sclaed up, a good cable is critical. I guess i was wondering how important it is with short, 480i component signal.

BTW, is bettercables is a sponser of this forum? Heck, I'd give them $100 just for that, I strongly beleive we should do everything to help sponser this fantastic site.

------------------

Alex

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Hi,

Yeah, considering I was pumping a whopping 120 Hz vertical scanrate at 1280x720.

Yes, they are a sponsor - they have banner advertisements on AVSCIENCE. I believe they're AVSCIENCEs' official cable supplier.

------------------

Thanks,

Mark Rejhon
www.marky.com/hometheater
Lead Software Engineer for The TAW ROCK

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Work permit I have Ratshack cables on my other appliances, but these Silver Serpents are outta sight. The 2 meter cable completed the upconversion of the 480 inlerlaced picture. Obliterating any of the scanning lines man. DVD Stargate ride was really superb in that I couldn't see any scanning lines just that stuning ride over to Kalium galaxy on Program 16 of the theatrical version.

I got a bottle of Sutter Home brand "White Zinfandel" Wine brewed in the last century, to celibrate my great purchase off of RCA and www.bettercables.com

The picture that the Silver Serpent cables made litteraly blew me away! No body can beat this company, repeat 'nobody' and I really mean it!

Mark your a smart guy that knows a good cable when you mention one of our sponsers 'quality' made products. I have listened, to whom I thought were professionals and my purchase proves it!

There some great things to be learned off of these trained professionals, I'm far from their league, I feel that I'm really 'privaleged' that they have taken the time to teach me.

Thanks to all members who have taken the time to introduce me, to a really 'high end quality' from a equally great A/V cable company. I will always buy their top line, because I am worth it!!!!!!

I hope some day in the future that I too can help, some guy who doesn't know what company that sells 'supurbly crafted' cables.

AVS the TOP Audio/video forum to be a part of, this goes out to our equally fine moderator David Bott! I drink my fine wine to David and betterecables and all of you who took the time for me to learn. I have a glass of that already chilled wine ready to drink.:)

------------------

RCA F38310 Wide HDTV

Sony CX860 DVD

Sony CX850D DVD

Pioneer F-1007 CD

Pioneer PDF-904 CD

Sharp VHS Vcr

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have announced that www.bettercables.com on alt.discuss (for webtv only) webtv news group, and a public usenet news group that the above cables are fantastic. I even sent Webtv a e-mail on how great a picture I was getting. Webtv in a reponse told me thanks for letting us know how wide screen image looks.

Apparently no one on webtv has HDTV yet, now they got a taste of it. I described each mode of temperature and how you could

could stretch the image. They (webtv) wished me good luck with my new TV. Btw I found the corkscrew and had a few glasses of wine.

Then I enjoyed my first stretched movie called "Solar Crisis" with Tim Matheson and Charlton Heston. the stretch or full but not fill mode will be used by me. The fill mode gives a too tall image to people and I don't care about losing a inch if it's more realistic.

I hope someone will help me with the question of should I get a www.bettercable for my regular vhs vcr image on the tv and should I get a S-Video cable for the webtv unit? TIA Tony

------------------

RCA F38310 Wide HDTV

Sony CX860 DVD

Sony CX850D DVD

Pioneer F-1007 CD

Pioneer PDF-904 CD

Sharp VHS Vcr

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Did you know.. that the human ear is a condiderably more difficult to fool mechanism than the eye.. once it has been trained/ and that the requirements for a QUALITY audio cable ar MUCH more complex, and difficult to achieve.. and tax the realm of physics to the known limits?

Now that you have seen the light... :consider the audio cable. Does all that 'cable talk' seem so unreasonable now?

Basically, the folks in the military can actually learn more about cable while reading a audio magazine than they can in all of their textbooks and manuals and research labs.

If you think I am joking, I am not.

Audio requirements are incredibly more difficult to deal with than any experimental requirements for bandwidth that any military project may dream up.

------------------

goosystems.com

Ken Hotte

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by KBK (edited 06-13-2001).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.