AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,654 Posts
Check again, it's not quite there, at that specific URL.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I'm getting a blank screen.

·
Registered
439 Posts
They seem to be redirecting to a blank html page. My guess is they don't want you reading it yet.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lwavs
It looks pretty cool and has some useful (and official) data.
Not necessarily. Until they go public, it's not official.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Thanks, Ken.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Looks like (according to the website) only 28 HD channels will be available at launch (October 1) with the other 11 being added on February 1, 2004.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Is anyone able to grab the PDFs under Use It -> Product Guides?

·
Registered
280 Posts
What type of exposure do I need to receive the Voom signal? I'm in NYC and cannot receive D* because I only have north, east and southeast exposures. I need southwest exposure to receive D* signals. Is the same true for Voom?

I apologize if this has been answered before. I've searched here and on the Voom site and cannot find an answer.

·
Registered
45,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bfdtv
Is anyone able to grab the PDFs under Use It -> Product Guides?
No.

·
Registered
45,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jergans
What type of exposure do I need to receive the Voom signal?
Use Dish Network's 61.5 location for the required VOOM look.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
(1) Unless I misread the website (which I acknowledge is still unofficial and thus subject to change), there will be NO monthly programming fees for all packages and tiers until 2/1/04. At least that is how the website is currently written.

Thus, the expense will be the $750 startup with $0 per month for all available channels until 2/1/04, if I am correct in my reading of the website and assuming that the website is not changed before it is made "official."

(2) I also noticed that the VOOM STB requires hookup to your home's telephone landline. Is this also true of D* and E* ?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.