AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what, if any universal remote will control my x-10 theater lighting? It would be best if the remote would directly do it, but In would settle on some kind of an intreface that would convert IR to RF (x-10).

Any help would be Appreciated.

Tony

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The interface you are looking for is called an IR-543. It's pretty reasonable and then you can send IR commands from any universal remote to control all of your X-10 equiptment.

Mike

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guy's. One more question, does the 890 have lighting controls pre programed , or will I be assigning that myself?

·
Registered
4 Posts
thank

·
Registered
112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjgar /forum/post/15530974

Thanks Guy's. One more question, does the 890 have lighting controls pre programed , or will I be assigning that myself?

The IR-543 controler is in the 890 data base but you will most likely have to customize some of the buttons to suit what you are trying to control.

This is a very easy thing to do on your PC.

It seems likely that the other vendors are also in the data base.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The 890 uses Z-Wave for its RF capability so it will directly control Z-Wave lighting modules like the Leviton Vizia, Monster Illuminessence, GE and others. If you don't already have the X10 devices than Z-wave would be the way to go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts