AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "X" button on my ps3 controller (not the sixaxis) occasionaly sticks, this is not good, especially since Little Big Planet is the only game I play.

Any suggestions? Anyone ever take apart the controller to clean it out? what about the air spray in a can thing?

·
Registered
372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig /forum/post/15465845

The "X" button on my ps3 controller (not the sixaxis) occasionaly sticks, this is not good, especially since Little Big Planet is the only game I play.

Any suggestions? Anyone ever take apart the controller to clean it out? what about the air spray in a can thing?

Buy a new one.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcserg /forum/post/15466100

Buy a new one.

Genius, anyone else?

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I can tell you that taking apart then putting back a PS3 controller is a ***** because of the funky construction of the R2/L2 trigger buttons.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
It's most likely just junk (hee hee) in the crack around the button. You can use any number of things to get in there and clean it without opening the controller.

·
Banned
4,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig /forum/post/15466218

Genius, anyone else?

LOL
. I have also had the issue you speak of...but it kinda comes and goes. My guess is (at least in my case) it has something to do with the humidity in the air. But then again, we usually have the air conditioner running full tilt or the furnace...so I'm not sure. I have not attempted to take them apart but would be willing to bet there are various youtubes that show it being done.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Yeah, my button sticks occasionally too. Not all the time.

·
Registered
227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/15466289

It's most likely just junk (hee hee) in the crack around the button. You can use any number of things to get in there and clean it without opening the controller.

(ew?)

Typically soda pop

just get something with a very thin edge and scrape around the button as best you can. It will probably never feel like new again....

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
keep the controller turned off and dampen a cloth with rubbing alcohol. Rub the sticking button thoroughly, but allow enough time for any leftover alcohol to evaporate before turning the remote on again.

That should do the trick.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuji /forum/post/15467323

It's tricky, but you can take it apart carefully and clean around the button.

That's what she said.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
It's not that hard to take it apart. I had to do it to my DS3 to fix a trigger that lost its resistance after a few weeks (I replaced it with a trigger from my Sixaxis.) Just be careful to put everything back.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
You can also take a thin piece of paper torn into a strip to slide into the controller around the button and clean the keyshaft.

·
Registered
170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkit /forum/post/15466356

(ew?)

Typically soda pop

just get something with a very thin edge and scrape around the button as best you can. It will probably never feel like new again....

Ummm...typically beer in my world!

Lucky for me the DualShock3 came out right about the time beer made my Sixaxis a little difficult to use.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynn /forum/post/15471075

clean the keyshaft.

As long as we're being perverse

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig /forum/post/15474004

As long as we're being perverse

Doh yeah... That was pretty gay.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Seriously though, I took it apart the other day to clean buttons because I had the same problem and it was really difficult to put back together. There are alot of small pieces!

·
Banned
4,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuji /forum/post/15535737

Seriously though, I took it apart the other day to clean buttons because I had the same problem and it was really difficult to put back together. There are alot of small pieces!

Did it work (both "work" as in functional and "work" as in no more sticky button)

·
Registered
652 Posts
how about dust off

1 - 20 of 31 Posts