AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how well these glasses and emitter work? I have a Mitsubishi WD65C9. $150 for the emitter and two glasses is a pretty good deal, plus I heard the mitsubishi adapter 3DA-1 has a pretty weak signal.

X-Force 3D HDTV "High Refresh 3D Ready" Starter Pack, at ultimate3dheaven.com

Aside from the fact that you look like Geordi La Forge from Star Trek, seems like a good deal

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's hard to believe no one else has tried these yet. This is the bundle we are thinking of getting for our Mits and Panny BDP. I think we'll be ordered in the next week or two so hopefully someone else has this set up and can share their results, if not I will post what we find out after buying this set up:

http://ultimate3dheaven.com/xhapa.html This set up goes for $99 and seems like a good deal...Since we don't have 3D on cable yet, ESPN is awesome for sports fans but we're not into that. It's also $10 a month extra on the cable bill...

Our bluray player outputs in checkerboard already so we should be good to go with this additional hardware. Just need some 3D content and we're set!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Now I don't have experience with other glasses but....

first let me say I own a Mitsubishi WD-60738. I download firmware update to allow TV to support ps3 and blueray 3d playback with no adapter needed.

I purchased the x-force single glasses, emitter package and added 5 extra pairs of glasses for a grand total of 130 with shipping! ultimate3dheaven.com

I order on the 23rd, and it arrived the 29th (CA to PA). Not bad considering the holiday and snow storm!

I tried it out today with a PS3 demo of a motor cross racing game, excelllent! I then put in an IMax 3D movie about the ocean, took my breath away!

Now, I can't say anything about off tint, didn't notice it. I didn't notice any ghosting either. That may because I don't know what I'm looking for though. But the work, and do so well.

And to think I bought 6 pair for the price of 1! So yes, recommended!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also have the WD73C9.. from my readings/research... you need the 3DA-1 adapter no matter what.

If you want 3d, you have to have:

1) Mitsubishi adapter 3DA-1

2) 3d blu-ray player or PS3

3) glasses and transmitter/emitter (these terms are used interchangably which can get confusing)

your cost will be (without including the ps3/blu-ray player)

$100 (3DA-1)

$150 (X-Force 3D HDTV High Refresh 3D Ready Starter Pack)

=============

$250 total

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspartanzx /forum/post/19579074

Anyone know how well these glasses and emitter work? I have a Mitsubishi WD65C9. $150 for the emitter and two glasses is a pretty good deal, plus I heard the mitsubishi adapter 3DA-1 has a pretty weak signal.

X-Force 3D HDTV "High Refresh 3D Ready" Starter Pack, at ultimate3dheaven.com

Aside from the fact that you look like Geordi La Forge from Star Trek, seems like a good deal

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation. I own the WD73C9. I went ahead and ordered the x-force single glasses, emitter package and added the 5 extra pairs of glasses for $140 shipped (cuz of taxes in CA). Now, I need to buy one of the adapter 3DA-1 and I'm all set. can't wait to test it out =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentner /forum/post/19724824

Now I don't have experience with other glasses but....

first let me say I own a Mitsubishi WD-60738. I download firmware update to allow TV to support ps3 and blueray 3d playback with no adapter needed.

I purchased the x-force single glasses, emitter package and added 5 extra pairs of glasses for a grand total of 130 with shipping! ultimate3dheaven.com

I order on the 23rd, and it arrived the 29th (CA to PA). Not bad considering the holiday and snow storm!

I tried it out today with a PS3 demo of a motor cross racing game, excelllent! I then put in an IMax 3D movie about the ocean, took my breath away!

Now, I can't say anything about off tint, didn't notice it. I didn't notice any ghosting either. That may because I don't know what I'm looking for though. But the work, and do so well.

And to think I bought 6 pair for the price of 1! So yes, recommended!

·
Registered
611 Posts
IF all you are interested in is 3d Blu-ray then you can get the Panasonic DMP-BDT100 that's going for a tad over $150 on Amazon right now and that plugs straight into any 3d-ready Mits without the adapter (you do need to set the player to checkerboard mode).

If you do want cable/satellite/PS3/other 3d BDp's then lots of early adopter 738/838 owners are offloading their 3da1's now that they no longer need them, so check the big auction site and other used equipment sites for bargains right now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I find the basic emitter is too weak to sit far from tv, so I will upgrade to the high powered one.

It is true that many Mitsubishi will need the adapter; but the 738 series (and a few others) have a firmware upgrade to allow viewing without it. Check mitsubishi's tv website for details, easily upgraded with a thumb drive!

And I played COD:Black-Ops on the system; and it's 3d! Didn't even mention it on the package! Fun indeed!

·
Registered
6,940 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentner /forum/post/19738574

I find the basic emitter is too weak to sit far from tv, so I will upgrade to the high powered one.

It is true that many Mitsubishi will need the adapter; but the 738 series (and a few others) have a firmware upgrade to allow viewing without it. Check mitsubishi's tv website for details, easily upgraded with a thumb drive!

And I played COD:Black-Ops on the system; and it's 3d! Didn't even mention it on the package! Fun indeed!

Correct. The 738 and 838 series don't need the adapter with the newest firmware update.

btw, I'm glad the glasses work great for ya, but I gotta admit, they have to be about the ugliest shutter glasses I've yet to lay eyes on.

They look like Gordy's visor from ST:TNG.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ok, i promised a update, so here it is....

first of all, you DO NOT need a pc to use these glasses. Simply plug the emitter in the 3d port and you're set.

So the quality of these glasses is pretty much on par with the mits glasses that came with the starter kit....

but....

Unfortunately, these glasses have a white haze so the picture is not as crisp as it is when viewing with the mits glasses.

Then again, im using a basic emitter...I wonder if the stronger emitter will eliminate the haze?

Either way, Im going to send everything back. Im going to try these out instead.

http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/dlp3dwiglfis.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
LOL, that's exactly what I plan on doing before you posted this. I'm returning the xforce glasses and emitter and exchanging it with the item you pointed out. I just ordered a used Mitsu starter kit from cowboom for 197.99 + tax, free shipping. Even though it's used, the kit contains everything and I have 30 days to test it.

The kit + the 2 glasses from 3dheaven would work out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason02 /forum/post/19781090

ok, i promised a update, so here it is....

first of all, you DO NOT need a pc to use these glasses. Simply plug the emitter in the 3d port and you're set.

So the quality of these glasses is pretty much on par with the mits glasses that came with the starter kit....

but....

Unfortunately, these glasses have a white haze so the picture is not as crisp as it is when viewing with the mits glasses.

Then again, im using a basic emitter...I wonder if the stronger emitter will eliminate the haze?

Either way, Im going to send everything back. Im going to try these out instead.

http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/dlp3dwiglfis.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Let me know how the dlp glasses work out.

A friend brought over a pair of samsung? Glasses I believe. They are nicer than the xforce pair, so I will be upgrading a pair or two to those... But I am still keeping the xforce as guest pairs... Can't complain with quality for the price...

·
Registered
17 Posts
This IS an old thread but since I'm new its new to me. As far as i can tell, these are a cheap consumers best bet. Of course none of this would matter if they don't do the job. Someone stated that they gave off a white haze. I have heard this said about other glasses but this was fixed by adding a then film over the lenses. I don't no what to think, so I am hoping for some more reviews from other members that bought them.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The film over the lens trick is to fix the rainbows that are visible with DLP Link glasses on some HDTVs. The UC's have these rainbows. An easy test is to put on something bright like hockey where the screen is mostly white. Put on the glasses and look at the screen. The tv doesn't need to be in 3D mode and the glasses can be off. You will see rainbows, if you get them, using this technique. If you see rainbows add a thin piece of film to the front of the lenses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Nickels55

Can you elaborate on the film method for the UC's. What type of film etc? Are you basically suggesting tinting the glasses?

Does this have any other effect other than for rainbows like black levels color loss etc?

Would you recommend the UC for a first time 3d glasses buyer for a dlp link projector.

The projector I'm getting is OPTIMA PRO350W which seems the same as the hd66 but without nvidia 3d being supported.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanityvortex /forum/post/20162827

@Nickels55

Can you elaborate on the film method for the UC's. What type of film etc? Are you basically suggesting tinting the glasses?

Does this have any other effect other than for rainbows like black levels color loss etc?

Would you recommend the UC for a first time 3d glasses buyer for a dlp link projector.

The projector I'm getting is OPTIMA PRO350W which seems the same as the hd66 but without nvidia 3d being supported.

Details here in the thread on it:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1316347

You shouldn't see rainbows, that is more of an issue for people using DLP HDTVs, not projectors (as far as I know). The film is transparent and changes nothing visibly. This doesn't tint the glasses. I am not really sure what it does but my guess is that it changes the polarity of the light coming from the screen enough to eliminate the rainbow effect.

·
Registered
993 Posts
so i realize this thread is a bit old, but i just noticed these glasses on 3dheaven site. i'm getting a gt750 projector which is short throw and the projector will be pretty close to me so range isn't a problem. are these glasses decent or not? RF glasses are 80, dlp link are 50. these are 20 a piece, even with the emitter they are pretty damn cheap especially if they work. i can have 4 pairs and an emitter likely for the same price as 2 dlp link glasses which is nice for guests and nice if one craps out.

but if they don't work well, not really worth it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.