AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I am using the ps3 wireless to watch Netflix movies and once in a while it jumps to x-high for a few minutes then it hoes back down to high HD.. If I was to plus in an ethernet cable straight to my router would I be able to stay on x-high quality? Or is there any other way?

·
Registered
567 Posts
You can try it... not sture if it will improve because wireless streaming should be enough for NetFlix's 720p... the reason for the changes in resolution for streaming coould be due to you your internet service provider - which is why netflix changes resolution back and forth during streaming so there is no interuption during viewing...

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
The biggest bottleneck will probably be your actual connection to the internet. Doesn't really matter how fast your wireless network is if your connection to the outside world is bad.

That's where I would start. Try to figure out your connection speed over wired and over wireless using a site like speedtest.net and see if there's a huge difference and what you are actually getting. Netflix recommends a minimum of 8 (I believe) for HD streaming of 1080p stuff (i.e. X-High).

Hard-wiring will probably provide a bit more speed (depending on if you have a G or N network), but either should be plenty speed for Netflix. Hard-wiring is better anyways since you get less packet loss and it's more reliable as a whole.

Regardless, check your actual ISP speed first and see what you actually have coming into your house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.