AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find some smaller type gifts for someone for x-mas who loves gadgets and home theater type stuff, around $100 anyone have any ideas? or things that they've gotten or planning on getting for that special gadget loving someone?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm a firm believer in plunking down that range of money on quality software (as in get him/her some DVDs that they may not consider getting for themselves, like a boxed-set or two) instead of chotchkes for the HT. Greater satisfaction in the long run.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
"I'm a firm believer in plunking down that range of money on quality software (as in get him/her some DVDs that they may not consider getting for themselves, like a boxed-set or two) instead of chotchkes for the HT. Greater satisfaction in the long run."

Ooooh - Like "Band Of Brothers" on DVD! Someone would be may favorite Santa if that appeared under my tree!

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gus
Get'em a movie intro DVD from www.cinemawise.com

Gus
I'm with Gus on this one. If you want to get someone an affordable and unique Xmas gift and they love HT, the cinemawise discs are the ticket. A few of my relatives will have their personalized discs under the tree this year.

I think the CW guys still have their holiday discount running too.

Happy holidays!

XboxMeister!!!!

PS: Another great gift (if they have an Xbox), is Xbox Live. It is incredibly addictive. If they are into HT *AND* Xbox, get them both!

:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PiNPOiNT
Lol, the cinemawise idea is good, but boy are those images and video clips LAME!!!!!!!!!!

ill steal their idea and make my own personalized starting menus for the peeps
Best of luck to you. Unless you are a professional 3D animator, audio artist and DVD authoring guru (and can afford the tools required for real DVD production, not the basic consumer-level stuff that comes for free with DVD writers for recording home movies), what the "peeps" are going to get is going to be LAME. :eek:

Kinda like someone with an 8mm movie camera thinking they are going to compete with Hollywood studios.

XboxMeister!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.