AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read all the great things that have been said about using bipoles on a rear wall. That is the direction I have been heading, but I wanted to compare that to one other scenario.

I am not sure if anyone has seen or is familiar with the AV123 X-Omni speakers, but they seem like they would do well for surround duty based on the way they diffuse sound. I also like the positioning of the tweeter where it can be directed towards the user and the details will not be lost.

The catch with the placement of these X-OMNI speakers in this setting is that they will be positioned/squeezed into both back corners. I think that top firing driver and side firing tweeter may yield a cool effect.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I know that is is a "no-no" but I use Axiom Audio QS8s for surrounds with my x-statiks. The x-statiks do need a little room around them but I have heard them as surrounds and they do a great job.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberry /forum/post/16992962

I know that is is a "no-no" but I use Axiom Audio QS8s for surrounds with my x-statiks. The x-statiks do need a little room around them but I have heard them as surrounds and they do a great job.

Thanks, sorry for initially having the wrong speaker listed....i was referring to the X-Omnis and NOT the X-statics.

I think the X-Omnis can even compare to the Mirage speakers in certain ways. I even entertained having a Mirage pushed into the back corners of the room. People from the Mirage thread said that it need at least 2 feet from the walls to properly diffuse sound. Maybe it may be easisest for me to only look at bipoles for the back wall when seating is against the back wall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts