AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the Eye-One Display LT is being discontinued. I was searching for a good price on Google and was finding it listed as "out-of-stock" or "discontinued" on many retail sites. However, I finally found a great price for the X-Rite version at a very reputable web retailer... for under $130. I don't think I can post details, but if you search Google and look for a retailer with a two-letter web address, you should find it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Is it really being discontinued? Wasn't it just launched at PMA '07? The e-tailer you are referring to has to be J&R. They do have the best price on the web, period. If this product truly is being discontinued (allegedly--please provide examples where you see this), then maybe we'll see an i1Display 3 very soon--possibly at PMA '08. My unfounded hope in this in rooted in the belief that X-Rite needs to launch a newer product to compete with the new Spyder3 series. I was considering purchasing an i1Display LT, but I think I'll hold off to see if anything else crops up.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
try normancamera.com..thats where I got mine

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckZ /forum/post/12949392

Is it really being discontinued? Wasn't it just launched at PMA '07? The e-tailer you are referring to has to be J&R. They do have the best price on the web, period. If this product truly is being discontinued (allegedly--please provide examples where you see this), then maybe we'll see an i1Display 3 very soon--possibly at PMA '08. My unfounded hope in this in rooted in the belief that X-Rite needs to launch a newer product to compete with the new Spyder3 series. I was considering purchasing an i1Display LT, but I think I'll hold off to see if anything else crops up.

I don't recall the retailers that listed it as discontinued, but there were 3 or 4 sites and all were the Pantone brand. These were not sites I would have purchased from anyway because I was not familiar with them. I was just checking on prices using Google "shopping". When I saw the X-Rite model at J&R, I jumped on it because it was the lowest price I had seen and J&R has a good reputation.

I was considering the Spyder3 as well, but it is a little bit of an unknown. I may still purchase the Spyder3 when the updated SpyderTV is released, assuming the reviews are good.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Well the Spyder3 is supposed to be really nice, but it has little support outside of its native program so far. I know the latest version of CalMAN supports it, but they recommend you invest in an i1Display LT instead. I don't know how well HCFR supports it or if they even do at all.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
X-rite bought Pantone this past fall, so expect some packaging changes and some potential rebranding, though I have not heard anything official.

Bill

PS: Yes, we have unofficial support for the Spyder3 in our latest (v3.01) version.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckZ /forum/post/12961250

Bear5k, have you heard any rumors that X-Rite will show off a new product (read: colorimeter) at PMA 08?

Sorry, but I'm not at liberty to disclose our partners' plans, even if I knew them.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear5k /forum/post/12960653

X-rite bought Pantone this past fall, so expect some packaging changes and some potential rebranding, though I have not heard anything official.

I guess that would explain why I was seeing the Pantone version listed as discontinued on many web retailers.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Jeez! It's only a few days away and you can't tell us if they want to unveil new products! Hmmprh!

I didn't know those guys were working so closely with you!

Can you answer this: when do companies like X-Rite typically make new product announcements? Once every two years? Isn't the i1Display LT not even a year old?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts