AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found several threads on this but none that tell me in plain english if this will calibrate plasma displays in CRT mode to a reasonable levels. I found lots of metrics but was unable to translate what that meant in terms of viewing experience. When I contacted x-rite asking them if I should use the CRT setting for Plasmas I was told "The i1DisplayLT doesn't support Plasma Displays."

Whats the deal with the X-Rite i1Display 2 that i just bought.. Will it assist me in calibrating my Samsung PN50C8000?

·
Registered
12,691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkru /forum/post/19503908

I have found several threads on this but none that tell me in plain english if this will calibrate plasma displays in CRT mode to a reasonable levels. I found lots of metrics but was unable to translate what that meant in terms of viewing experience. When I contacted x-rite asking them if I should use the CRT setting for Plasmas I was told "The i1DisplayLT doesn't support Plasma Displays."

Whats the deal with the X-Rite i1Display 2 that i just bought.. Will it assist me in calibrating my Samsung PN50C8000?

yes, just use colorhcfr, calman, or chromapure with plasma mode selected

x-rite was only referring to the eye-one match software that generates PC profiles (ICC)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U /forum/post/19504378

yes, just use colorhcfr, calman, or chromapure with plasma mode selected

x-rite was only referring to the eye-one match software that generates PC profiles (ICC)

Thanks for your reply and I apologize in advance for any duplicate post on this.

Which software do you recommend for a intermediate user? I like the idea of the eye-one match software where it just shows a pattern and allows you to make the adjustments. The others do that as well?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sounds like you need to do some reading. This link will get you started.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkru /forum/post/19504412

Thanks for your reply and I apologize in advance for any duplicate post on this.

Which software do you recommend for a intermediate user? I like the idea of the eye-one match software where it just shows a pattern and allows you to make the adjustments. The others do that as well?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfbrown94 /forum/post/19504694

Sounds like you need to do some reading. This link will get you started.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457

Sounds like you were right, thanks so much.

I am working at achieve D65 adjusting RGB low and and high end right now. I was able to get a base contrast and brightness setting. The the HCFR software is pretty easy to use. Thanks for the link; its very easy to follow and learn from..

Thanks once again!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so I ran through the Calibrations with my X-Rite Display and Somthing is not right.

The picture seems washed with a green hue.. Here are the settings:

Stanard

Cell Light 12

Contrast 66

Brightness 60

R-Offset 34

G-Offset 38

B-Offset 36

R-Gain 27

G-Gain 19

B-Gain 0

In order to get 100% of all colors at 80 IRE i had to dial down blue all the way in the white balance settings.

I managed to get close to D65 except at 0 and 10 IRE where i was more like 8000 and 7000 K respectivley.

I did make one mistake of messing with Green and not sticking to just blue and red for the calibration. I eventually figured out why the document said to do only two colors

Is there somthing wrong with the meter? Is that possilbe can they be "miss-calibrated"

·
Registered
12,691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkru /forum/post/19560139

Ok so I ran through the Calibrations with my X-Rite Display and Somthing is not right.

The picture seems washed with a green hue.. Here are the settings:

Stanard

Cell Light 12

Contrast 66

Brightness 60

R-Offset 34

G-Offset 38

B-Offset 36

R-Gain 27

G-Gain 19

B-Gain 0

In order to get 100% of all colors at 80 IRE i had to dial down blue all the way in the white balance settings.

I managed to get close to D65 except at 0 and 10 IRE where i was more like 8000 and 7000 K respectivley.

I did make one mistake of messing with Green and not sticking to just blue and red for the calibration. I eventually figured out why the document said to do only two colors

Is there somthing wrong with the meter? Is that possilbe can they be "miss-calibrated"

Try again and use movie mode/warm2 leaving the green offset and gain at the defaults.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts