AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone out htere using an X1 with a perforated screen. I have heard that for some it lessens the rainbow effect. This would appear to make sense as the perf screens are lower gain, but would a perf be any different than a hi-def grey screen?

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
I'm interested in hearing this as well.

In addition to the X1, is anyone using a perforated screen with any SVGA DLP? I've read that with some of the higher resolution DLP's that people have reported problems with added picture artifacts. But I believe most of the problems were with the Stewart Mircro Perf screens and not the Da-lite accoustivision material.

I'm currently considering an SVGA DLP projector and would like to use a Da-lite perforated screen if possible. For me, it's not to reduce rainbows, but for the accoustical improvements.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i understood that the use of a perforated screen with a DLP/LCD projector was not viable due to the merging of perforation and pixel structure - unless a very expensive micro perforated screen was used!

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Supposedly, it's only a problem on higher resolution DLP/LCD projectors and the more expensive Stewart mircroperf screens.

I've read where others have had better luck with the Da-lite perforated screens with LCD projectors, but I'm not sure about DLP's.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have seen the Screenplay 7200 on a Dalite Audiovision (approx 10 ft wide) and did not notice any problems. The picture was not as good as I have seen it on smaller screens but I attributed that to the large screen size. I didn't see rainbows either, however, I haven't seen rainbows on a 7200 any time. I would like to hear from someone who has tried the X1 on such a screen (smaller of course)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.