AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would the Silverstar be a good match for my X1, would it tend to enhance this lower end projector (which i am quite happy with) or magnify it's flaws.

Also, is it likely that Vutec would ever introduce a pulldown model of the Silverstar in the future?

i am finding screen decisions to be as painful as root canal procedures.

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
The Vutec magnifies the best and worst of a projector so with a lower end projector it could magnify parts you dont want to see. On the other hand, many X-1 owners have purchased the Silverstar and they are very happy with it

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Motorized Silverstar is supposed to make the fixed one look cheap, though. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way,

What led you to get an [X1] if you are willing to spend so much on a screen. I love my X1, but partly because it was on a budget. Maybe Silverstar is less expensive than I think...

What do people think is a reasonable ratio for Projector/screen cost to maxamize value. I would thik 5:1 unless you are a serious DIY person.

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Many people who have the X1 and bought the Silverstar did so with the knowledge that they would be upgrading their projectors in the future. As screens are more of a long term investment (wrong word), they are willing to spend more on a screen than a projector knowing that the screen has a longer life

Also, powerbuy pricing was very very good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.