AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Xbox is hooked up to my X1 at 480p. When I hook up Live am I going to need the dash or anything at 480i ? (anyone with an X1 will know why I'm asking...)

I can just put the green on the 480i input to see the dash for initial setup if needed but what about subsequent connections ?

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
199 Posts
The other connections (red and blue) won't be used. The image you get from just the green plug into the yellow composite input (video2) of the X1 will be in black and white. And there you have the trade off of owning an X1 and an Xbox. Welcome to the club:p!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Kenstr...

Once you have it set up, you do not need the 480i screens again. I brought in a small TV and hooked up my xbox to it to verify all the connections and that live was working. I then put in my live games to make sure they were working. I then hooked my X1 back up and it plays and looks the same. The real cool thing is when you go to the download page in live to download new courses, players, etc., it is 480p as well...I was surprised.

I am hooked on Links currently...great game.

·
Registered
427 Posts
You can also hack your xbox to always display progressive 480 all the time. This includes changing the xbox DVD player into a progessive one. It makes a BIG difference in the quality of the DVD's. Please note before you do the hack that you MUST have a modded xbox and also HDTV connector.

There is more information here...

News Source: XboxHacker BBS

Open xboxdash.xbe in an hex editor

search for : C7 46 28 20 00 00 00

replace by : C7 46 28 40 00 00 00

your Dash is now in progressive mode only

Tested on a 3944 dash. ( Also confirmed to work on 4627 )

Enjoy !!!

It does work :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
You may need to access the dashboard from time to time, but not that often. I left my original 480i cables to an used (!) input on my TV (not an X1), and have the HD pack continuously connected. If I need to get into the dashboard, I just swap the cables in the back on the xbox.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.