AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seeing a wierd problem with my X1 that just started last night. The birghtness is fluctuating periodically. In other words, every minute or so, the image will quickly flash brighter for a second then go back to the way it was. It's pretty subtle, and I never lose the image completely. It just blinks brighter for a second. I'm pretty sure it's not the source (DirectTV through s-video) because the menus flash as well. The first time it started happening, I shut the projector down for about 5-10 minutes then restarted it. The problem was gone. My wife just informed me over the phone that it's started again today though. The unit is only about 2 months old, w/ about 400 hours on the bulb. This is the first time I have seen any problems with it. I didn't change the setup in any way recently.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
365 Posts
It's a fairly common problem with the X1. Many of us on this board have had it happen, but the good news is that it goes away after a while. On mine, the "flashing" occured between 250-300 hours. I'm at about 370 hours now and haven't had any problems in the last 70 hours.

·
Registered
807 Posts
clean the filters around the lamp assembly -- might be unhappily getting hot.

use a vacuum w/ a hose attachment -- suck the dirt _away_ from the assembly and

not thru it. I use a shop vac.

-M.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mine did the flickering thing too.

After an hour and a half to two hours of viewing it would do a subtle flicker.

Removing the lamp assembly and vacuuming the filters fixed the problem.

I had about 220 hour on my X1 when the problem started.I e-mailed Infocus and the were very helpful.They recommend vacuuming the filters every 200 or so hours.:D

I watched movies for 6 hours a couple of days ago and no flickering at all:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I JUST noticed this tonight for the first time. Mine was doing the slight brightness thing. It looks like the picture is sharpening for a second then giong back to normal....very odd. I read this thread and now I'm relieved. I just checked my lamp hours and I'm at 204, so hopefully it will go away after more use and a good cleaning. Thanks guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.