AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the X1 come with the component to VGA or component to Svideo adapters? If not where can these cables be found?

Thanks

· Registered
911 Posts

· Registered
575 Posts
As far a the svid/component I would order from infocus to make sure I got the one with the extra pins. A regular 4 pin svid/component connector will do you no good.

· Registered
29 Posts
skilzygw - Making your own component-to-SVideo cable would be difficult, because the SVideo side of the cable for the X1 has got 7 pins instead of the regular 4. No idea where you could get a 7-pin SVideo connector.

cburbs - The component-to-VGA cable is only for progressive sources, and the component-to-SVideo cable is only for interlaced sources. The X1 is a little weird in this sense. If I understand correctly, only the SVideo port and the composite video port are processed by the Faroudja chip, so signals run through there can look comparable to a good progressive source.

· Registered
3,161 Posts
InFocus has the Component to VGA cable for $20.

Component to VGA here.

Component to S-Video

· Registered
39 Posts
I am about to order the X1 but now sure about what cables I require. I want to connect the following devices to the X1...

- Xbox. Using the Advanced HD pack. So I will need the Component to VESA adaptor ? The Xbox does not always output a progressive signal so how does the X1 handle it ?

- DVD player. Interlaced Pioneer with component output. Will depend on answer to above or do I have to use svideo ? (I could always patch the Xbox dashboard to progressive and use that as my dvd player.)

- Computer. Obviously VGA to VGA.

Also curious how you do all the switching as I figure this is a common configuration ?

· Registered
77 Posts
Quote:
- Xbox. Using the Advanced HD pack. So I will need the Component to VESA adaptor ? The Xbox does not always output a progressive signal so how does the X1 handle it ?
The XBox doesn't really work that way. The x-box only plays games as progressive. When you use it for DVD it is interlaced only (don't ask me why?).

If your XBox is connected component / Vesa, you not get a picture at all. While we're at it, the XBox dashboard is 480i also, but there is a workaround that has been posted here that will allow you to access the dashboard controls through the green component input.

The way I've set mine up is to use the x-box and all my other progressive capable components with the component / vesa adapter. I also hooked up a standard S-video cable and use it for all of my non-progressive components. So far, all of my X-box games work with 480P, but if I have one that doesnt, then I'll just plug it with the S-video adapter.

hope this (confusing) explaination helps.

John

· Registered
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jmsteffen
The XBox doesn't really work that way. The x-box only plays games as progressive. When you use it for DVD it is interlaced only (don't ask me why?).

If your XBox is connected component / Vesa, you not get a picture at all. While we're at it, the XBox dashboard is 480i also
I should have mentioned my Xbox is chipped. I have patched the dashboard to give progressive dvd playback. :)

· Registered
3,288 Posts
Well I signed up for the Demo of the X1. Hopefully it will come with the component to svideo cable....

If not where can I get one quickly and what do I do if I want to test Cable from the VCR..How can I run S-video from the VCR to the X1 if it is 7-pin vs standard 4-pin?

Wait is the S-video 4-pin or 6-pin on the X1?

· Registered
1,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Hessian
Doh! Found all the answers in the unofffical FAQ
That's great to hear! I've noticed a lot of new X1 posters on the Forum in the last month, and many of them are asking questions that are covered in the FAQ. For those who haven't seen it yet, do have a look at

The (unofficial) InFocus X1 Projector FAQ

http://members.shaw.ca/technut/x1faq/x1faqlogo.gif

You might find the answer you are looking for, and a whole lot more!

· Banned
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cburbs
So if I want to plug my non-progressive pioneer player in using component which is best to plug it into ? S-video converter or vga?
The VGA input only accepts progressive scan input. The only interlaced signal the VGA side does is Hi Def 1080i. So if you want to connect to the VGA side, progressive scan DVD player is what you need.

I like the progressive scan VGA with DVDs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.