AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading this forum for quite a while now and it has been a great resource for information. Many thanks to all. I have a question that I haven't found the answer to so I decided to post it.

I recently bought an X1. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and since I bought it at BB, I have another 2 weeks to return it / exchange it if I so decide.

I recently noticed what looks like a dead pixel (or I guess in my case, a stuck mirror??). In any case when blanking out the screen (white) it appears as a black square. The weird thing is that upon close inspection, the black square is not perfectly square. Its as if you started out with a square and then cut out one of the corners.

Is this what a stuck mirror looks like? Could it possibly be dirt or dust between the DPL chip and the lens...??? The black spot wasn't there when I first started using the PJ, and between building a DIY screen and mount, there has been some dust in the room.

Since I got it a BB, I could take it back for an exchange, it's just that the odd shape of the spot makes me wonder if my "dead pixel" diagnosis is correct.

Thanks for any help on this

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
A stuck mirror should look exactly like one pixel is Black or white depending on if it is stuck on or off.

It may be dust but them maybe a mirror could be stuck halfway allowing some light to reflect and some not. Bob from Infocus could help here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dean, thanks for the prompt reply. ... Bob, you out there?? any comments.. anyone else..? technut..??

I'm guessing that if Murphy's law is still valid (when isn't it.?), it's a stuck mirror, and not just dust that "just happens" to cover up one pixel... :(

thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.