AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
35mmforum.com is a forum site that deals with film and film projectors. (You have to have a login but it is free.)

A recent thread

http://www.35mmforum.com/ubb/cgi-bin...1&topic=006158

dealt with the author's discovery of the X1 and a number of comments. It was interesting to me that many of the film buffs on that site really didn't know about digital projectors (some did, some didn't).

Here is an excerpt:

____

There, sitting on a desk, next to a DVD player and a HT receiver, was a little grey, kinda' plump-looking, plastic box. The projector was a little smaller than a Kodak slide projector. It apparently had a fairly large lamp to produce such a bright image, and it sure warmed-up the room.

Wow! THAT little box is making THAT image?? I found it hard to believe, but it was true!

I noticed the T.I. DLP logo on top of it. Uh oh .. pricey, I'll bet. Some little rich kid with his $10,000 toys, no doubt.

Surprise was to follow. He told me the little machine was an "Infocus X1" DLP video projector, and cost less than a thousand dollars. $999, to be precise.

I was astonished! Absolutely floored. The image from that little machine was so nice I can't get over it still!! And the room was far from dark.

______

Enjoy!

·
Banned
539 Posts
I go to the movie theater probably fifty times per year. The X1 has spoiled the movie theater for me. I sometimes come out of movies wishing I saw a good DVD transfer with my X1 instead of the movie theater. That being said, lousy DVD transfers can look bad even on the X1. But I swear good DVD transfers, especially of movies without too many dark scenes, look much better with my X1 than most movie theaters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.