AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I just got my X1 last night and it is quite gorgeous! This evening, I went to their web site to register and was set back by the notice explaining that the extended warranty to five years was only for projectors bought prior to October and not registered by February 28th. I was under the impression from posters on this site that the company was extending the offer to all purchases made prior to February 28th. I was unable to get a rep this evening. Anyone else out there get more info? Do I get 5 years or two?? :confused:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Abear
Guys, I just got my X1 last night and it is quite gorgeous! This evening, I went to their web site to register and was set back by the notice explaining that the extended warranty to five years was only for projectors bought prior to October and not registered by February 28th. I was under the impression from posters on this site that the company was extending the offer to all purchases made prior to February 28th. I was unable to get a rep this evening. Anyone else out there get more info? Do I get 5 years or two?? :confused:

I bought mine in December and know that the offer was at least extended

until Dec 31st .

I do remember seeing a Jan 31 date too, though. I am just not sure if I

saw it here in the forums or on their site as I registered for mine....

-Sporty

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess what's throwing me is that they say if you bought it before Oct. 31st, the 3 additional years are added. Then they ask you for your purchase date. Have people been putting their actual purchase date and still getting the extended warranty? Did you get yours?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I had the same issue I picked one up earlier this month and the same set of confusing pop ups appeared when I registered. I emailed them and they told me I qualified... YMMV

Miles

·
Registered
152 Posts
I got mine about 3 weeks ago and when I registered online it said jan 31( after the first page). I'm pretty sure also that when I checked a second time it said feb 31. Not sure if it was the x1 or something else tho.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Abear
I guess what's throwing me is that they say if you bought it before Oct. 31st, the 3 additional years are added. Then they ask you for your purchase date. Have people been putting their actual purchase date and still getting the extended warranty? Did you get yours?
I put in my actual December purchase date and got the extened warranty.

I saw no pop-ups or other messages that would have left me scratching

my head, either.

-Sporty

·
Registered
455 Posts
Any new info on the extended warranty deals on this projector?

I bought one in october and registered it fine with 3 extra years, but I bought a second one yesterday and the registration page is again saying that if you purchased before oct. 31st you'd be elligible for the extension.

There's also an option in the menu to choose the x1promo on their page, what's the deal with this one?

Has anyone had luck adding the extra warranty regardless of that pop-up message?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just registered mine today and they say it's extended till the end of

feb. , purchased mine 2 weeks ago.

Now if someone could pm me about upgrading there x1 with 4800 software

and what improvements you saw and weather its is worth it would be great.

Please don't add a post to this thread as there is one on going, but I would

like it to be a pm.

Thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
I still see the same message popping up about purchasing before Oct 31, 2003 to be elligible for the extension. I spoke to a couple different CSR's today and they both said that it is not possible to get any extension on the warranty if it was purchased after that date.

So if someone who was able to do otherwise please let me know how you did it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Tino.....Yes,I got " the extended warranty regardless of that pop-up message".

Proceed through the steps and see. I'm now off to double check the e-mail confirmation I received stating such. If memory serves me right?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I went ahead and registered with my Jan 30th purchase date. This is the message I recieved on the confirmation page:

"Note: New X1 products purchased prior to October 31st, 2003 and registered prior to February 29th, 2004 automatically receive an additional 3-years of extended labor coverage. This is your confirmation for that coverage."

So I'm guessing this means that everyone gets this message regardless of what date they enter, and only those whose purchase date is prior to Oct31st will have the extension honoured.

I wonder if they ask for a reciept when sending it in for repair? maybe you can enter a fake date??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.