AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching the forum I haven't seen a discussion of this issue so here goes. Has anyone upgraded from 4.1 to 4.2? Is it worth it? Any interested side-benefits or hazards? I guess I went from 4.0 to 4.1 about a day before they released 4.2 :p Figures. I just realized that 4.2 was really out.

The collective experience of the group would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

JayW

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I went from 4.0 to 4.2 with no problems now. I was having problems with it keeping some of the settings in memory. This fixed it for me. I have never had the signal loss problem.

·
Banned
5,755 Posts
I went from 3.8 to 4.1 because I was losing signal on full screen white flashes. 4.1 added a sync checkbox to the menu which I keep checked. No dropped syncs have occurred since upgrading. I have used video material that used to cause the lose of signal and it works with 4.1.

Should I upgrade to 4.2? Everything works well now.

A wishlist for firmware upgrades includes: Gamma adjustments in menu and a Fixed Focusing grid (no, not the SDE :p ) that can be brought up from the menu.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cyrano,

I like the focus grid idea. Hope Infocus (canny name in this context) considers it. I'm in the same boat. Happy with 4.1 but don't want to miss any new features. :)

JayW

·
Registered
502 Posts
They already have an upgrade which has better gamma - it's called a 4800. Oh yeah, it'll cost ya!

Infocus will never give us home-theatre optimized gamma for the X1 because why then would anyone spend more $$$ on a 4800? Economics 101.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
What if I PROMISE not to give out a secret firmware update available only to us AVS Forum members? :D

·
Registered
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by geocab
What if I PROMISE not to give out a secret firmware update available only to us AVS Forum members? :D
HUH? I want some of that!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
That was intended as a hint to Infocus to develop a firmware for us AVS guys, they can still make their money with Joe 6P. Wishful thinking, I know.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I am with 3.8. Happier than **** - why change what aint broke?

The only problem I have is that Infocus has produced a great product (X1) and unfortunately has relegated us early folks (who purchased same for home theatre) to the dregs. I guess marketing is a powerful force, hence the 4800. A company producing a clone of their own product and re-marketing it with new software. Amazing! Why not give us a firmware gamma optimization for those of us who bought the X1 for home theatre back in 2003?

I have asked this question numerous times and have never received an answer from Infocus, so I ask the above question as a rhetorical one to which I don't expect an answer. Sad.

·
Registered
906 Posts
All the 4.2 firmware fixes is an overscan bug. This is unimportant to me at this time. I will wait for something substantial.

·
Registered
53 Posts
All I want is an option that allows me to move the 16:9 image to the top /bottom of the 4:3 screen area so I don't have to keystone as much.

/sob.

Please oh please, I even wished upon a star on Christmas eve for it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.