AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long is the upgrade process suppose to take? I have started the upgrade process on the X1 about 10minutes ago and it is still stuck on the "Downloafing Tsunami_v62_gui.he_" file. The progress bar has not moved and I am scared to disconnect, hit stop, or anything in fear that it will damage the projector. I am upgrading from ver 4.1 to ver 4.3. Please help! :(

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I hit stop after waiting for nearly 20minutes for the upgrade to finish. I restarted, re-connected to the X1 via the USB cable and FlashUSB. This time, I hit verify and "Tsunami_v62_gui.he_" fails the verify. I re-downloaded the ver 4.3 zip file from Infocus, and am still receiving the same error.

I have not powered up the projector as normal.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK update from myself. I hit "Download" again anyways even though the vefiy failed error kept on popping up after downloding the file a couple more times from infocus. This time success!!!

It erased and re-flashed with the new firmware in less than 2minutes!!! I have no idea why the first try froze. USB connections remained the same. Power connections stayed on. I am just happy that my new X1 is not broken and now installed with ver 4.3.

Sorry for wasting all of the bandwidth...

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply technut. After reading the other thread you linked, I think it may have to do with the fact that Win XP Pro asked me to install the Flash USB driver before I attempted to flash. If I had to do it again, I would do this instead:

1. Plug in USB cables to X1 and PC

2. Power on X1 and let it install/autodetech whatever USB devices it recognizes.

3. Power down X1

4. Power X1 back on with both keystone buttons pressed and let WinXP install/search for the correct driver for FlashUSB

5. Power down X1 again

6. Start up FlashUSB

7. Select x1.dld file

8. Power up X1 and you should now be "connected"

9. Hit "Download" and let it flash while you pray to the Infocus gods. :D

I skipped steps 3,4,5 and I think that may have caused my problem. My steps that I initiall followed were 1,2,6,7,3,4,9.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Chapter X, Verse 2: "The Infocus Gods are truly fickle, yet rewarding of their followers!":D

How many hours did you put on your X1 before deciding to take the 4.3 plunge?

I went 2,000...

·
Registered
41 Posts
You should try the 4800 v1.6 firmware, before upgrading I was having trouble getting really good oranges (too red no matter what settings I tried) I could get great colors in everything else, after upgrading to the 4800 firmware I get brilliant oranges along with all the colors being better overall. The defaults are as good as the best tweaking I could do with the X1 firmware, plus I can tweak it from the 4800 default and get it to a point not possible with X1 firmware. I was skeptical because some people say they notice little difference, well for me the difference was Outstanding, also I used the Registry entry so you can flash with any firmware even regular Official Infocus or go back and forth anytime....

infocusflashanyhardware.zip 0.5322265625k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brown Radagast: I have less than an hour on the X1 at the moment. The room is currently being put together right now and am awaiting the mount so I can tack it up on the cieling and drill even more holes in the walls to get the VGA and other cables to the projector.

willx1: I will maybe give the 4800 firmware a shot later. Since this is my first ever FP I am gonna try to stick with the "standards" first before doing any more tweaking so I can at least have a "baseline" impression of how the setup is. (I have that weird mentality to want to see the bad first before the good). Out of curiousity, what type of screen are you using with your X1?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.