Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an issue when moving from NTSC to PAL viewing of DVD?s (460i to 576i Component feed) on my X1. I get a grey band down the right site of the screen on PAL DVD?s, this is not shown if I move back to a NTSC standard DVD. Once this has occurred the only way to rectify the problem is to use the Reset menu option on the PJ. I?m running firmware 3.6 and using a Toshiba 220e DVD player.

I did notice there was a problem fixed by Firmware upgrade 3.8 for ??leftward image shift for 720p50, 1080i23, 1080i24, and 1080i25 sources??

Anyone else having this problem.

Paul.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I have no idea what this is, but just to cover the basics...

Do you have the X1 set to Auto select between NTSC and PAL?

Also, have you tried just pressing the AutoImage button on top of the X1 when you see the grey band to see if that will fix it? (Sorry if I got any of those terms wrong.. I'm not in front of my X1 to check what they call these settings.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mike,

Everything that can be set to auto is, but I haven't tried the Auto Image button and will give this a go the next time the problem occurs. Both the DVD and projector are set to 16:9 (just switching the pj to native aspect then places a 4:3ish image within the 16:9 screen). Don't really know if the image is compressed or cut-off either as when it happens I tend to just go through the reseting process - obvious problem here is that this clears all presets. I must say this is the only issue I've had with the unit so far and have only raised it on the forum because everytime I try to email Infocus tech support (Europe) when I click the submit button I get thrown out of the website.

Thanks for the advice I'll let you know how I get on.

Paul

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pawil
I must say this is the only issue I've had with the unit so far and have only raised it on the forum because everytime I try to email Infocus tech support (Europe) when I click the submit button I get thrown out of the website.
I had a similar problem with the US support web form at one point (it seemed to blow up if I had too much text in the message section of the form). I let them know about it but I don't know if they ever changed it.

So from then on I have always just emailed them directly at [email protected] and I've had very good response that way. I don't know if the UK support has their own email address, but it can't hurt to try this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.