AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered an X1 for my HTPC and even after all the reading and research I've done on this and other sites can't seem to figure out what is the best way to deal with hooking up standard definition cable. I want to know how to get the best possible picture, even if I have to buy something like the Viewsonic tuner. I really don't want to run the picture through my computer or through the vesa input, though, because I don't want to have my computer on to watch t.v., and I don't want to have to switch cables either physically or with a switch.

So, what is the best, easiest way to hook standard def. tv to the x1 and get a great picture?

OR

How do you get a great tv picture with some difficulty?

I'm virtually clueless at this point and don't want to go out and spend a lot of money on something I don't need to be happy.

All input will be greatly appreciated and will help me a lot.

THANKS A MILLION

P.S. Some of my confusion comes from the fact that there is a processor in the X1 that should help with the aesthetics of the picture?????

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Don't Panic! Help is on the way........

1) Make sure your signal strength is there.... Get a booster amp for your cable transmission. Absolutely Critical. Remove as many splits as possible before getting to the projector. Use good good cables to get to the VCR and then to the Projector. (Gets rid of ghosting!)

2) Get only an Svideo VCR (both in and out) such as a JVC Use the Svideo Out to hook up to the projector.

3) Watch a Big Picture in 4:3.. Putz with the settings.. With lights on, but somewhat dim, use presentation mode for football/baseball games

4) For watching Movie Channels in the dark, use video mode....

That's what I did and I am very happy.. (It can always be better... That's why you tweak!...))

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.