AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased my X1 and like many others really enjoy it. I love all the suggestions and advice given in this forum. In 4:3 mode when I adjust my keystone I can only ever get one side, either left or right to be straight up and down the other side always is angled slightly. What might I be doing wrong in my setup?

Thank you,

Cailean

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Sounds like your lens is not centered horizontally on the screen.

I don't know what your setup is like, but try twisting the X1 slightly to the left or right until both sides angle in/out about the same. Then adjust the keystone to get rid of the angle and get two straight vertical sides.

Note: you will probably have to slide the X1 over to the side after twisting it, in order to get the image back in the center of the screen area. It's kind of a combination of sliding the projector over and twisting it until you get it right.

Or you can just go nuts with a measuring tape to ensure the lens is centered on the screen.

·
Registered
602 Posts
maybe the X1 isn't perfectly perpendicular to the screen?

with no keystone correction is the slope on both sides equal?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In response to dpadair:

If by no keystone you mean having it set to 50, The angle might be equal but I'd have to measure to be sure. I will diagram below how the image looks. The diagram overstates it, the difference is slight but annoying.

It looks like this: Not like this: Or This:

____________ ________ ______________

\\ \\ / \\ \\ /

\\ \\ / \\ \\ /

\\ \\ / \\ \\ /

\\ \\ / \\ \\ /

\\___________\\ /____________\\ \\_________/

The second two obviously can be corrected by keystone but I don't know how to correct the image when it looks the way I depicted. As someone replied earlier perhaps the only way to get the left and right sides to look like the rectangle it is supposed to be is to pan and or shift the projector left or right until it is perfectly square.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you have it hanging from the ceiling. If so it might be he weight of your power cable pulling down on the unit if you dont have it secured in anyway. I know when I first hung mine and was testing it out the cable pulled down on one side and made the image problem you are having. I had to toss the cable over the top of the unit so that it hung down on the other side and it fixed the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.