AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my progressive scan DVD player connected via component cables to the X1 via the VESA-to-component adapter. Both the DVD player and the X1 are set in 16:9 mode. I am projecting on a blank white wall (when I say the word "screen" in this post, I am referring to the overall projected image (the "virtual screen," if you will), not an actual tangible screen).

My problem is that all of my DVDs are off-center. This is especially visible with title screens, when you can you see the title (which is obviously meant to be in the center -- examples: Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones/Raiders of the Lost Ark) being "pushed" towards the right side of the screen. I verified that these title screens should be in the exact center of the screen by viewing the DVDs on my computer. However, on the X1, the title screens pushed hard to the right, leaving a large gap between the left edge of the screen and the title image and a small gap between the right edge of the screen and the title image.

I tweaked the Tracking and Horizontal shifting settings enough to fit the entire image on the screen (at first the image was "falling off" of the screen), but this did not fix the problem. Now, even though the entire image is on the screen (minus what the X1 naturally crops), everything is still off-center. It is driving me crazy. I am not a particularly big fan of seeing "Indiana Jones" pushed against the right side of my screen and a huge gap between the left side and the title. I assume that this off-centeredness is taking place during the actual movie as well, although it is more difficult to readily notice this.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any insight into what I can do here? Did I make any sense at all? :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Interesting... I don't have the problem with dvd's but I have a problem with HD material from my Dish 6000. What happens is.. for some reason sometimes when I turn on the X1, there is maybe 6 inches missing on the right hand side only. Kind of like it just blanks it out.. I will turn off and turn on the projector and it's fine.. I also noticed that sometimes turning off the projector then turning back on doesn't work. I know there is a cool down period but it just doesn't respond, or it will come on and no picture, but I hear the fan running.. once again I power off and on and it's fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not that any of my picture is missing (I don't think), it's just that it's pushed to the right. When compared to the DVD image on my computer monitor, most of the image appears to be there (minus what the X1 crops).

It's so hard to explain, and it feels almost impossible; it's frustrating when I stay up until 4:30am working on it with no results. Using the horizontal shifting and tracking tweaks, I can see if the entire projected image is there -- and it is. Yet, everything seems to be pushed to the right regardless. My title screen (an easy reference point, which is why I keep mentioning it) is pushed to the right on my X1, but perfectly centered on my computer monitor. ***It is almost as if the X1 is cropping only from the right and not at all from the left.*** Is this possible?

·
Registered
607 Posts
This sounds like some sort of sync issue. Try a different DVD player if you can, see if that makes any difference. What version firmware are you running? I have never had any problems with ver 3.6 and my RP-82 but you may have different results with different hardware. Also, call Infocus tech support and see what they say about the issue.

Randy

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have a similar problem using VGA input from my computer (Radeon 8500 64mb w/ dual output), only my image shifts to the left.

I have to really crank up the tracking and horizontal.

It got so bad after I attached 2nd monitor...

*shrug* Its centered for now.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Maybe try using the s-video feed and see if the problem is there too.

On the surface, I'd be more suspect of the DVD player than the X1....

-Sporty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.