AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
sounds to me like its not mounted perfectly at the center of the screen and perfectly parallel to it.

the X1 doesnt have any lens shift, you have to get it at the perfect spot to avoid this.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Check the X1 FAQ and measure again. Like Undream said you must be exact on this. I had the same issue and had to shift my screen 3 1/4 inches to correct it.

JayW

·
Registered
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by maxx25
So move the projector until the image is corrected?
Yes. Move the projector to the dead center (horizontally) of the screen. Mount it so that there is as little tilting as possible as this reduces the degree of keystone correction.

I got my projector in the center, and it is moundted on the ceiling and is tilting up about 5 degrees or so. This requires me a slight keystone correction, but X1 does a great job at this. My image is perfectly rectangular.

Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I dream of Firmware 5.0 that allows me to shift the 16:9 image to the top/bottom of the 4:3 screen instead of dead centre. A life of no-keystone would then ensue!

alas.....its but a dream.

/sniff.

·
Registered
505 Posts
This could be what is messing some of you up. The lens on the X1 is not in the exact center of the projector. It is offset by 65mm (2.56 inches). It is of course in the FAQ . But, well, you know, what isn't in the FAQ? I dunno. I frankly found that the only way to get it perfect was to hang the projector pretty darn close to where I thought it belonged and then project a blank screen on the wall. Orient the projector along every axis until the rectangle is true. But, well, that's in the FAQ too. :)

JayW

That darn technut takes all the fun out of being helpful. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.