AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using component out on DVD to SVideo connector on X1 the colors are all screwed up. Yellows look green, Blue looks green, Fire looks pink and red (no yellows or orange).

SVideo out on DVD to X1 is looks fine.

What I can't figure out is if its the DVD that has a problem or the SVideo adapter or X1 that is problem.

I rechecked component cables. Everything hooked up right. I notice that the weight of the component cables causes the Svideo adapter to pull down slightly. Don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Any help or suggestions appreciated. Unsure of which unit to send back??

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Do you have the DVD player set to output component? If progressive scan player, do you have progressive scan enabled? What is your brand of DVD player?

·
Registered
271 Posts
On another post someone mentioned that some of the S-Video component adapters from infocus had the colours mixed up and infocus replaced the adater. Try switching the colours.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Mago
On another post someone mentioned that some of the S-Video component adapters from infocus had the colours mixed up and infocus replaced the adater. Try switching the colours.
that i haven't read..but will try right now. thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well if I switch the blue and red, the picture is blue. If i switch green.. no picture.

So it's either a red picture or a blue one :(

maybe it's the dvd player.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Huey
Do you have the DVD player set to output component? If progressive scan player, do you have progressive scan enabled? What is your brand of DVD player?
About two years ago I had a Hitachi dvd player (don't remember the model #) that gave me exactly the same symptom as mentioned in the first post of this thread when I connected it to my tv through component output.

Turned out by default it was set to send the signal via s-video and component had to be enabled in the setup.

I'm not sure if it's the same story here, but I guess it's possible.

KS

·
Registered
382 Posts
Jackman11-

Boy, that would drive me crazy! What a bummer. If S-video through the X1 works fine, then there can really only be two possible problems in my opinion: either the component adapter is screwy or the DVD player is messed-up. I have an XP-30 and have no problems and the weight of the cable on the adapter seems negligible. Maybe you have a friend with a component-out DVD player who could help you out with a test?

Ryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.