AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I am recalibrating my X1 after watching it using film mode for well over a year now and was curious what other X1 owners had theirs set to; Film, Video, or Presentation. For the last week or so I have been watching it in video mode and cool with the blue turned down a bit and it seems to be a bit brighter and a bit more contrasty. However, it almost seems a bit on the edgy side but that may be because I have gotten used to it in film mode. Anyway, that's the poll, what setting are you guys using and if you don't mind, leave a post stating your findings between the different settings and also what temperature you use (cool, warm, warmest).

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After spending more time comparing between the different settings I'm going to leave mine set using video and cool. I had to bring down the individual blue setting to 40 to warm things up a bit. It seems to me, when comparing against the other settings, that there is just a little more punch (seems a bit more contrasty) with the video setting and that it's a bit brighter as well. Perhaps a lot has to do with the screen that you're using too, I'm using one that I made out of blackout cloth.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I run it off my pc and have yet to monkey with the colors I did however use a differnet color setting in powerdvd and it made a huge difference movie wise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.