AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first digital camera last night, a Kodak 3.1. Have not figured out how to use it, so the pictures were taken in the auto mode with flash off. A little blurry because of the pause. Pictures look a little darker than in real life. Any other pictures you want to see let me know.

patrick

·
Registered
232 Posts
i cannot help you. but as long as we're on the subject, is there a forum like this that discusses digital cameras? i'm about to get a sony and have no idea which one to get.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bgl90042
i cannot help you. but as long as we're on the subject, is there a forum like this that discusses digital cameras? i'm about to get a sony and have no idea which one to get.
Look at the Olympus digital cameras with the 10x "optical" zoom lenses. Awesome camera at a fantastic price: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...oly_c730uz.asp

To post an image to this forum just click on the IMG button above where you are writing your message when you make the post and enter the URL where you have the image hosted. Or use the attach files browse button below where you are writing your message if you cannot host the pictures elsewhere.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Sayersweb. I do not have a site and I thought I thought I was attaching a file. Can't find the attach file browse button on the reply.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still can't get it to work. When I click the browse button, it takes me to where my pictures are on my computer. I then double click the one I want and all the information shows up in the field besides the browse button. It even ends in .jpg. Still won't show up in post.

Oh well, I tried.

patrick

·
Registered
274 Posts
 www.dpreview.com is good IMO.

I have a sony F505v, and am currently trying to sell it to finance a F717.

The Nikon 5700 is supposed to be very good too.

These are both expensive cameras though.

I think they both have video out so you can show your photos on the big screen [scraping back on topic]

·
Registered
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by patrick21
Still can't get it to work. When I click the browse button, it takes me to where my pictures are on my computer. I then double click the one I want and all the information shows up in the field besides the browse button. It even ends in .jpg. Still won't show up in post.
Ok, that sounds right. Are you behind a firewall or something like that? After selecting the file and clicking submit it took a little while before the screen refreshed and the post showed.

If you want PM me and I will post the images to this thread for you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We have a Nikon 885 and like it a lot. Easy to use, good zoom, good price, and excellent pictures. But what else would you expect from Nikon.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still trying to figure out how to get them posted. Sayersweb said to pm him and he will help me. I just did. I also asked him for his input on the kinds of shots that would benefit this discussion. I have a limited DVD collection of about 3 or 5 discs. Currently, that is all I have connected to the X1. I could hook up the VCR again for some pics of that.

What would you like to see?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm not interested in VCR, rather DVD screenshots.

Some screenshots from the place where u look at the movie, with different movies (differents colors pictures), and maybe some general pics of how it looks, viewing all your room.

The usual thing ;)

Don't worry about the post, you will make it. Hope u're not through an internal network or a firewall though, that could be the reason why u can't post them.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.